- Provides voices to Canadian nursing students
- Dedicated to promote nurses and nursing profession as a whole
Please Note: As of September 4th 2018, the following nursing colleges joined together to become the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP):
- College of Registered Nursing of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC)
The British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals is responsible for the regulation of nursing professionals, setting standards of practice, assessing nursing education programs in British Columbia, and addressing complaints about BCCNP registrants.
- Supports and represents Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Licensed Graduate Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Employed Student Nurses and healthcare support staff
- Provides voices to Canadian nurses and represents Canadian Nursing to other organizations and to governments, nationally and internationally.
- Learn about CNA Code of Ethics for RNs
- Offers opportunities for nursing students to:
- Learn more about the BCCNP
- develop as a peer resource and professional role model
- Learn about issues affecting professional nursing practice
- Network with other BCCNP volunteers
- Grow professionally
- Professional organization representing RNs & Nurse Practitioners in BC
- Affiliated with BCNU, UPN represents Registered Psychiatric Nurses across British Columbia
- Offers number of educational opportunities to the members
- An associate group of the Canadian Nurses' Association (CNA) providing a national voice for psychiatric and mental health (PMH) nurses
- Represents more than 1100 RPNs in acute-care, long-term care, mental health and home support facilities and agencies across BC
- As of 2015, The NCLEX is replacing the existing Canadian Registered Nurse Exam (CRNE). Information on Application & Registration, Exam preparation and more are provided on their website.