Who is eligible for the program?
- To be considered for the GNIE program you will need to have a Letter of Assessment from the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) stating eligibility for registration upon successful completion of a graduate nurse re-entry program.
- Admission requirements are stated in the University Calendar.
- Please note: Applications to this program will only be accepted from Canadian citizens and permanent residents/landed immigrants of Canada.
How long is the program?
GNIE is a one year certificate program which runs over three (3) consecutive semesters.
How is the program structured?
- GNIE is a combination of classroom based theory courses, online learning, clinical practice courses and psychomotor skills courses.
Where are the classes held?
- At present the classes for the GNIE program are held on the KPU Langley campus.
Which hospitals will I complete my clinical in?
- Clinical will be in a variety of hospitals which geographically can range from the North Shore to Chilliwack.
- Clinical rotations will often include weekend and evening shifts.
After completing the program can I work as an RN?
- After successfully completing the GNIE program and the NCLEX exam, students are eligible to apply to the BCCNP for practicing registration.
Is there a waitlist?
- KPU maintains an admissions waitlist of qualified applicants for each intake. The waitlist will vary dependent on the admission pool for each intake.
How competitive is it to get in?
- Admission selection for the GNIE program is based on first qualified, first offered. As this is a high demand program, it is best to submit your application and all transcripts as early as possible.
Do I need to re-apply if there is no availability for the intake I apply for?
- Yes. Your application is only valid for the term you apply to. You will need to apply to the intake that you would like to be considered for.
Will you accept my CNO letter?
- No. Admission requirements are stated in the University Calendar.
If I write the English test for BCCNP, does this test satisfy KPU's English Requirement?
- Please refer to the Admission Requirements for further details.
- Top -