Who is eligible for the program?
To enrol in the GNIE program you will need to have a Letter of Assessment from the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) stating eligibility for registration upon successful completion of a graduate nurse re-entry program.
Please note: Applications to this program will only be accepted from Canadian citizens and permanent residents/landed immigrants of Canada.
How long is the program?
GNIE is a one year certificate program which runs over three (3) consecutive semesters.
How is the program structured?
- GNIE is a combination of classroom based theory courses, online learning, clinical practice courses and psychomotor skills courses.
Where are the classes held?
- At present the classes for the GNIE program are held on the KPU Langley campus.
Which hospitals will I complete my clinical in?
- Clinical will be in a variety of hospitals which geographically can range from the North Shore to Chilliwack.
- Clinical rotations will often include weekend and evening shifts.
After completing the program can I work as an RN?
- After successfully completing the GNIE program and the NCLEX exam, students are eligible to apply to the BCCNP for practicing registration.
Is there a waitlist?
- We do not have a waitlist. Each program differs (e.g. first qualified, first offered or based on GPA).
How competitive is it to get in?
- Depends on the program (e.g. first qualified, first offered or based on GPA).
Do I need to re-apply if there is no availability for the intake I apply for?
- Yes. You will need to re-apply to the program.
Will you accept my CNO letter?
- No, we refer to the Academic Calendar - only whatever is needed under Admission Requirements.
If I write the English test for BCCNP, does this test satisfy KPU's English Requirement?
- Not necessarily. You will need to check the English Proficiency Requirements.
- Alternatively, you may contact KPU Admissions to verify your test and test score is acceptable.
Please note: The Academic Calendar for BSNAE is effective September 2019 to August 2020.
- Top -