Below are download links to free iTunes apps that promote healthy relationships.
1. EQUIP Health Care
- R3 App - stands for Recognize, Respond and Refer
- Is the first mobile domestic abuse screening tool in the United States
- Leverages the research based HITS screening tool used worldwide
- YWCA (Young Women's Christian Association) offers users a unique utility siren which can be activated by either the pressing the safety button or by shaking an iPod or iTouch
- Offers Canadian health and safety information geared toward young women, including: short questions and answers about women’s health and wellness, with a particular focus on dating and social interaction, links to YWCAs across Canada as well as health and crisis resource centres; and SOS urgent email and phone functionality
- When activated, automatically sends valuable authenticated images (30 photos in 30 seconds), your GPS location and a time stamp to a designated professional monitoring center
- Perfect for work-alone situations where safety and liability concerns exist
- Trained operators use these real-time visuals to instantly assess and deploy the appropriate response, whether that be emergency services (police, fire or ambulance), a guard, or others you designate
- The danger level of a relationship can be difficult to assess
- The My Plan App helps women and their friends to determine if a relationship is unsafe and create an action plan to leave safely
myPlan Canada is an interactive, research-based safety & health app for women experiencing abuse. Free at https://myplanapp.ca.