Items are normally considered first by a committee and then referred to Senate.
Most submissions are made to the Senate Office for routing to the appropriate committee(s).
Forms for submissions are listed below by topic and the committee that reviews your submission.
All submissions should include a cover page (click here for the cover page template).
If an item proceeds from committee to Senate, the cover page will be updated by the Senate Office / Committee Chair.
Program Development and Change
An overview of the process and procedures is set out in the Appendix A flowcharts.
Details are provided in the University’s Guide for Program Development and Program Change.
The forms referenced in the Guide can be downloaded from the links below:
- D-1. OPA Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form
- D-1a. OPA Program Proposal Feasibility Assessment Request Form – Example of how to complete the form
- D-2. Library Impact Assessment Form
- D-3a. Degree Concept Form
- D-3b. Non-Degree Concept Form
- D-4. Budgetary Impact of Curriculum Proposal Form
- D-5. Financial Assessment Template
- D-6. Curriculum Consultation Forms
- D-7. Program Change Form
- D-8. Determination of New Degree – AVED Template
- D-9. Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-10. Non-Degree Full Program Proposal Form
- D-11. AVED Stage 1 Review of New Degrees Blank Template
- D-11a. KPU Guidelines for Completing the AVED Stage 1 Review Template
The Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum reviews program changes. The Senate Standing Committee on Academic Planning and Priorities is the first Senate committee to review Program Concepts. You will find submission deadlines for both these committees on their websites.
For more information regarding the completion of the above forms, the governance approval process, or the timeline for making submissions to Senate, please contact Dr. David Burns, Vice Chair of Senate and Chair of the Senate Standing Committee on Curriculum, at David.Burns@kpu.ca.
Course Outline Template - for course development or change.
Course Attributes Process
SSC Academic Planning and Priorities
S Governance and Nominating Committee
Faculty Bylaw Revisions
Qualifications for Faculty Members
Statement of Interest Submissions
To submit statements of interest for senate standing committees
To submit statement of interest for search advisory committees
Administrative Support: Senate Office