As KPU takes steps to minimize risk and exposure to the COVID-19 virus for all students and employees, we are temporarily suspending our fitness centres operations at all KPU campuses effective noon March 16th, 2020. This includes all activities in the gym and all fitness classes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but the health and wellbeing of our community is paramount. We look forward to welcoming students and employees back to our fitness centres when we are able to resume regular operations.
For any questions regarding fitness, sport or recreation programming, please contact the Sport & Recreation department directly.
The KPU Surrey Fitness Centre is located at the Surrey Campus in the Cedar Building room 1290, and offers FREE Memberships for current KPU Students & for KPU Employees & Alumni.
In 2015, the Fitness Centre was fully upgraded with industry leading equipment from Matrix.
- Sign-up for Fitness Centre memberships at the Sport & Recreation desk located beside the KPU Surrey Campus Gym (West End, Cedar Building)
- Students and Employees must show their valid KPU ID.
- All members must show their valid KPU Photo ID at the front desk before entering the Fitness Centre.
- Members are required to read and follow KPU's Sport & Recreation Facility Rules & Regulations that are posted on-site.
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning the KPU Fitness Centre, please speak with a representative at the Sport & Recreation Desk or call 604-599-2980.
KPU Surrey is home to The Eagles’ Nest, a full size gymnasium.
- 7,000 square foot gymnasium
- 1 full basketball court with total of 6 backboards
- 4 regulation sized badminton courts
- 1 indoor soccer court
- 214 seating capacity (pull-out bleachers)
- Female and male changerooms with showers and coin-operated lockers ($0.25)
- Gymnasium capacity is 830
- Sound System with CD Player
- Wireless Microphone
- Digital scoreboard
- Divider Screen (semi-transparent) that separates the gym in half
- Sporting Event Set-Up
- Full Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court (1 or 2)
- Indoor Soccer
- Badminton Courts (4)
- And more
Find your Zen while enjoying the tranquility of this space which hosts multiple weekly yoga classes.
The studio is located in room 1320.
This updated functional fitness centre offers new fitness equipment for the optimal workout.
The fitness centre is located in the East building in Room 2565.
*If the Fitness Centre is locked during open hours call security to unlock door (604-514-0297)
Featuring state of the art multi system Matrix equipment, this compact fitness centre packs a powerful punch.
The fitness centre is located in room 1410.
*If the Fitness Centre is locked during open hours call security to unlock door (604-574-2840)