Stolen Cards, Damaged Cards and Regulations

Students will be required to have a valid Student ID when using their U-Pass BC. Failure to produce both a Student ID and a Compass Card (which has been linked to your student ID) upon request will result in the student being required to pay the required transit fare and the possible assessment of a fine by Translink.

In the event you lose your Compass Card,  simply log-in to the U-Pass BC Translink website and unlink the stolen card from your account. You can then link your account to a new Compass Card and your U-Pass BC will be transferred. Replacement cards are subject to the standard $6 deposit fee paid to the fare dealer.

If a student commits fraud or abuses the U-Pass BC program, they could be banned from the program and may be subject to further university discipline under KPU Student Conduct Policy, ST7.