Quick Facts about the KPU Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture Diploma (TCM-AD) Program
The full-time Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture Diploma (TCM-AD) is based out of KPU's Richmond campus. The program combines Ancient Chinese Philosophy with Western biomedical science to give students the necessary skills to work in the Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine industry. At the end of the program, you will be fully equipped with the skills necessary to be a safe, competent acupuncture practitioner in an evolving field.
Why enrol in KPU's TCM-AD Program?
- KPU is the first public university in BC to offer a TCM - Acupuncture (TCM-AD) program.
- The curriculum has been designed to offer an education of significant breadth and rigour within the contexts of TCM/Acupuncture fundamental theory, diagnosis, treatment and clinical practice.
- Students will receive a full 460 hours of practice.
- Students will be eligible to write the national registration exams for acupuncture practitioners in Canada.
- The diploma includes a variety of courses in theory, as well as diagnosis, treatment, and clinic practice. Select courses in Mandarin are also required for the program and will give you an advantage in clinic settings.
- The acupuncture program meets or exceeds the minimum requirements set by the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC (CTCMA) and the competencies required by the Canadian Alliance of Regulatory Bodies of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists (CARB-TCMPA).
- Graduates of the TCM-AD diploma will be eligible to write the pan-Canadian Licensing exam and become members of the CTCMA.
KPU TCM Student Clinic
For your next Acupuncture session - try out our KPU TCM Student Clinic:
- When: Summer Semester
- Wednesdays beginning May 9th - 10:00am - 4:20pm
- Last clinic date on Wednesdays - August 8th
- Fridays beginning May 11th - 1:30pm - 5:20pm
- Last clinic date on Fridays - July 13th
- Where: VivaCare Clinic in Delta, BC.
- How: For bookings, please call VivaCare Clinic at 604-599-9401
- When: Summer Semester
- Sundays beginning on May 13th - 10:00am - 4:20pm
- Last clinic date on Sundays - August 12th
- Where: A & T Pain Solution in Vancouver, BC.
- How: For bookings, please call A & T Pain Solutions at 604-742-1116.