Join the KPU Faculty of Health Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing Program for
Navigating the BC Mental Health Act: Providing Competent Care and Patient Advocacy
June 29th - 11:00am - 3:00pm
KPU Langley - South Building - Room 1804
Please join the BPN program in an interactive workshop on the Mental Health Act. As future nurses, it is imperative to understand British Columbia's Mental Health Act in order to provide competent care and advocacy for patients who are receiving involuntary care. By joining this workshop, participants can gain insight on the legislation, a patient-centered perspective, awareness of nursing responsibilities and knowledge of different aspects of the Mental Health Act.
Invitation is open to anyone who is interested in attending. Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Quick Facts about the Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing (BPN) Program
- The full-time Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing (BSN) Program is developed in the context of psychiatric nursing theory based on best practice and the therapeutic use of self in interpersonal relationships. The core concepts of the program include client centeredness, being, situatedness, choice, professionalism, and teaching and learning. Diversity and equality are additional values running throughout the entire curriculum. This "ecological" theme considers the impact of the environment, social determinants of health, definitions of health, and prevention and promotion on a person's well-being.
Why enrol in KPU's BPN Program?
- This program is recognized by the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CPRNBC).
- Students will be directly involved with clients in their homes and in institutional and community settings in each semester.
- Graduates will be eligible to apply to write the national examination to obtain registration to practice as Registered Psychiatric Nurses in British Columbia.
BPN to BSNAE Degree Opportunity
- BPN graduates may apply to enter Semester 3 of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Post Baccalaureate (BSN-AE) program.