Quick Facts about TCM-AD
The full-time Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncure Diploma (TCM-AD) is based out of KPU's Richmond campus. The program combines Ancient Chinese Philosophy with Western biomedical science to give students the necessary skills to work in the Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine industry. At the end of the program, you will be fully equipped with the skills necessary to be a safe, competent acupuncture practitioner in an evolving field.
Why enrol in KPU's TCM-AD Program?
- - KPU is the first public university in BC to offer a TCM - Acupuncture (TCM-AD) program.
- - The curriculum has been designed to offer an education of significant breadth and rigour within the contexts of TCM/Acupuncture fundamental theory, diagnosis, treatment and clinical practice.
- - Students will receive a full 460 hours of practice.
- - Students will be eligible to write the national registration exams for acupuncture practitioners in Canada.
- - The diploma includes a variety of courses in theory, as well as diagnosis, treatment, and clinic practice. Select courses in Mandarin are also required for the program and will give you an advantage in clinic settings.
- - The acupuncture program meets or exceeds the minimum requirements set by the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC (CTCMA) and the competencies required by the Canadian Alliance of Regulatory Bodies of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists (CARB-TCMPA).
- - Graduates of the TCM-AD diploma will be eligible to write the pan-Canadian Licensing exam and become members of the CTCMA.
Traditional Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture Program (TCM-AD) Information Sessions