The Office of Emergency Planning leads the development of emergency plans, systems, training, exercises, and other sub-programs necessary to maximize the response goals and priorities during an emergency/disaster. The goal is to ensure KPU effectively mitigates, prepares for, responds to, and recovers from the impacts of emergency events.
The Office of Emergency Planning is responsible for:
- Reviewing and updating the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- Maintaining the Emergency Operations Centre (EOCs) in a constant state of readiness
- Developing an annual training and exercise schedule and implementing it to ensure university emergency response and recovery readiness
- Identifying and maintaining a supply of emergency resources and equipment
- Maintaining the Mass Notification System