JOB POSTING: Sales Representative
CY Grower Supplies was established in 2001 and is a family owned and operated distributor of Horticultural products to
the commercial Greenhouse and Nursery Industry. The success of CY Growers is built upon a dedication to excellence in
customer service and a commitment to quality products and competitive pricing.
The Sales Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by offering information, suggestions,
or solutions to customers when it comes to their greenhouse, nursery, or garden center. In addition to making sales and
sharing product knowledge, the maintenance of customer relationships and establishing new relationships is important
in this position. This position is primarily based in office, however, there may be some required travel locally or
potentially throughout the province of BC.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain product knowledge
• Establish a professional and steady relationship with current and potential customers
• Follow up with customers regarding orders and satisfaction with product
• Contact customers to notify them of special products or sales
• Research customer needs and recommend products based on needs
• Identify and resolve any customer concerns
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Demonstrable Customer service skills are required. Previous sales experience is preferred
• Experience in the horticultural/nursery field is preferred
• Some post-secondary education is preferred
• Proficiency in the use of computers for:
o Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
o Experience with Quickbooks is beneficial
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills: Speak, listen, and write in a clear and timely manner
• Effective organization skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor accounts, and track all information
• Strong interpersonal skills: Create and maintain positive relationships with customers
• Adaptable: Comfortable responding to changing priorities, adapting to new information, learning new skills, and
improving existing processes
• The Sales Support person works primarily in an office environment and if required, on the road making sales
• The Sales Support typically works a standard work week, however some evening work might be required during
high volume times of the year. You may be away for evenings if travelling for sales calls or on weekends to
attend trade shows.
• Compensation commensurate with experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Enjoyable family atmosphere
• Great Team environment
• Career advancement opportunities
• Competitive compensation package including benefits
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.