We’re looking for an outstanding and committed Packhouse Operations Manager to lead the process of receiving raw product through to the shipping of finished product from 53 acres of locally grown greenhouse sweet bell peppers. You demonstrate and exude confidence in all your work through competency and personal integrity to produce excellence in everything you touch. This will be evident in your independent and collaborative leadership. You display professionalism, are safety conscious, accountable, motivated, goal-oriented and results driven. In this position, you’ll maintain a “safety-first” mentality and have a great appreciation that “your employees are your biggest asset.” Through your hands-on approach, you work to lead, delegate, communicate, and complete each area of packaging operations which includes developing and training maintenance programs to forecasting, order discussions, and communications between multiple parties while ensuring that Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. Best interests are at the forefront.
• Deliver top quality finished product to each customer, on time and with confidence.
• Develop, train and maintain a teamwork culture where efficiency and quality are the top two priorities.
• Maximize the output of each operational piece of equipment through preventative maintenance programs and
timely operational checks.
• Creatively identify, research and eventually integrate operational opportunities through the use of new tools,
equipment, or layout improvements knowing that the goal is to always focus on efficiencies and end product
• Contribute to Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. overall goal of being an "employer of choice" through your contributions in
company meetings and committees. Collaborate with ownership for the betterment of the company.
The successful candidate must have:
• A background in successful operational leadership through schooling and work experience.
• Experience in a high-paced production style operation and warehousing experience is an asset.
• Accountable to developed department and company expectations.
• Exceptional people skills. A true motivator with a passion to help staff feel appreciated and valuable.
• A proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all types of personalities
(Spanish or Punjabi is an asset).
• Quick learner and hands-on with equipment, computers (numbers and software) as well as the ability to do mental
• A relentless passion to solve both human and operational issues.
• Highly organized and self-motivated in efficiently prioritizing the workload of others and oneself.
We offer the ability to work with a great team, freedom to succeed and grow, a competitive salary, bonus and benefits and located in the scenic landscapes and welcoming community of Delta, B.C. We are fourth generation greenhouse growers. Founded in 1999, Westcoast Vegetables Ltd. grows and packages 53 acres of greenhouse sweet bell peppers in Delta, B.C. We use the latest growing and packaging technology. If this sounds like a fit, we’d like to hear from you.
Email your resume to email@example.com