Turf Management Diploma
Turf managers often manage the largest green spaces in our communities and are therefore stewards of our community's environmental quality. The turf industry strongly supports student activities and achievement through student memberships, awards, and hosting field trips. Students are involved in the ongoing development of the turf management field lab. Many graduates seek employment in the golf industry, but opportunities exist in a broad range of related businesses or public sector jobs.
KPU's Turf Management graduates can:
- Maintain golf courses, athletic fields and other recreational turf
- Install and maintain irrigation and drainage systems (including computer control systems)
- Implement integrated pest management programs
- Employ business techniques (finance, communications, supervision) in turf management operations
PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All applicants must satisfy KPU’s Admission Requirements. For complete details please follow this link to the University Calendar.
Tuition and Program Costs
- Kwantlen offers many scholarships, awards, bursaries and information on other funding options. Visit our Scholarships and Awards website for more information on a wide range of financial assistance and awards programs available to Kwantlen students.
- Students returning to school from the workforce may be eligible for Employment and Social Development Canada sponsorship. Contact your local Employment Centre for details on eligibility www.esdc.gc.ca
Opportunities for Further Studies
Continue your horticulture education with the Bachelor of Horticulture Science. Study either Plant Health or Urban Ecosystems. All your diploma course credits count towards the first two years of either degree.
Diploma graduates have the option to continue their studies towards a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree at KPU. For more information on this opportunity, please call 604-599-3283. Transfer depends on the student's academic record. Some course substitutions may be approved to facilitate transfer to the B.B.A.
A Diploma in Horticulture Technology will be granted to students who have completed the required course work as listed below. Note: Courses may be taken out of the order listed below, but specific course prerequisites apply.
Normal Course Progression for full-time studies:
Stan Kazymerchyk, Turf Management Instructor