Open Pedagogy is an access-oriented commitment to learner-driven education and as a process of designing architectures and using tools for learning that enable students to shape the public knowledge commons of which they are a part.
Open pedagogy can include creating, adapting, or updating OER with students, building course policies, outcomes, assignments, rubrics, and schedules of work collaboratively with students, or facilitating student-created and student-controlled learning environments.
- Wondering what open pedagogy looks like in practice?
- Browse through the Open Pedagogy Notebook
- Interested in exploring open pedagogy with like-minded colleagues?
- Interested in designing an open pedagogy project that integrates the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals?
- Consider applying for an UN SDG Open Pedagogy Fellowship
- Working with students who wish to publish their course work under a Creative Commons license?
- Download our Student Agreement template
Resources from past events
On October 31, 2017, Sue Doner, Instructional Designer at Camosun College, visited KPU Surrey to give a workshop titled "Accessibility, Inclusivity, & OERs." Here is a link to resources that Sue shared during her workshop: http://libguides.kpu.ca/opentextbooks/accessinclusion
>On October 26, 2017, Dr. Judy Chan, Educational Consultant at the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology at UBC, visited KPU Surrey to give a workshop titled "Wikipedia in Academia." Here is a link to Judy's slides: Google Slides for Wikipedia in Academia
On March 30, 2017, Clint Lalonde, Manager of Educational Technology at BCcampus, visited KPU Richmond to give a talk titled "Open technology: The third pillar of open education." Click here to view a video recording of Clint's talk.
On March 20, 2017, Dr. Robin DeRosa, Director of the Interdisciplinary Studies Program at Plymouth State University, visited KPU Surrey to give a talk titled "Beyond OER: The promises, pitfalls, and potential of open education." Click here to view a video recording of Robin's talk.
On October 27, 2016, BCcampus Faculty Fellows Arthur Gill Green and Jennifer Kirkey visited KPU to give a workshop about Open Pedagogy. Along with their slides (provided below), here is a brief blog post by Dr. Green that pertains to this workshop: http://greengeographer.com/openpedagogyworkshopkpu/