- Keep your doors looked and your windows rolled up. remember to lock the trunk, the hatchback or tailgate of the station wagon.
- Don't place a mini replica of a licence plate or any identification (i.e. name or address) on a vehicle key ring.
- Consider purchasing a steering wheel lock to deter would-be thieves.
- As you approach your car, have you keys ready. Before entering the car check the back seat to ensure no one is hiding there.
- Engrave batteries, wheel covers and car stereos with you drivers licence number.
- Store a pare key in you wallet, not inside or outside the vehicle. Thieves know all the hiding places.
- Don't invite a vehicle break-in by leaving packages or valuables in sight. Take valuables with you, put them under a seat or lock them in the trunk.
- If someone tries to get into your vehicle, drive off immediately. If not possible, use you horn to draw attention to whats happening.
- Consider your surroundings. Well-lit, busy places are obviously the best spots to park. If you have to park in a poorly-lit area and are concerned with walking to or from your vehicle, call security for a safe walk.
- Report to security any strange persons or behaviours you see in the parking lots or surrounding areas.
Keeping your bike safe