What are the indirect costs of research?
- Research Facilities
- Research Resources
- Management & Administration
- Regulatory Requirements & Accreditation
- Intellectual Property
Research Support Fund
The Government of Canada generously helps to cover the indirect costs of research at KPU through the Research Support Fund (RSF). The RSF program is a tri-agency initiative of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The RSF contributes to KPU’s ability to maintain a supportive research environment that enables researchers to be leaders in their fields. KPU recognizes that the funds received from RSF are derived from the taxes paid annually by Canadians and is committed to using these resources in the most efficient and ethical way possible to maximize its research outputs and impacts.
List of Affiliated Institutions:
2021-22 Research Support Fund Allocation
2020-21 Research Support Fund Allocation
In 2020-21, KPU was awarded $142,919 by the Research Support Fund. The majority of this funding was dedicated to supporting the management and administration of KPU's research division, with the remainder distributed towards knowledge mobilization, support of memberships, licenses, creditations and other supports which ensure that KPU maintains a supportive Office of Research Services. Funds were allocated as follows:
- Management and Administration of the Institution's Research Enterprise: $68,601
- Regulatory Requirements and Accreditation: $54,309
- Intellectual Property and Knowledge Mobilization: $20,008
Note: An extension was granted on reporting expenses incurred in the 2020-2021 fiscal year. Amounts will be posted in July 2021.
- Research Facilities: $ 9,172.92
- Management and Administration of the Institution's Research Enterprise: $20,281
- Regulatory Requirements and Accreditation: $ 42,233
- Intellectual Property and Knowledge Mobilization: $71,231
Research Support Fund Allocation for Previous Years:
In 2019-20, KPU received $95,768 in Research Support Funds and allocated these funds to the following categories: