Overview Kwantlen Polytechnic University offers more than 140 diverse programs, including career, vocational trades and technology programs and its Melville School of Business is the second largest business school in Western Canada consisting of over 150 business faculty, 3,500 full-time students, and 9,000 total students annually who are enrolled in one of the 16 available program options.
Awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), Kwantlen's Melville School of Business meets the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP and stands as one of the few internationally accredited business schools in B.C.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University and the International College of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies have established an admission partnership in the Bachelor’s degree of study. Upon satisfying the specific program admission criteria, students will be admitted in the following Bachelor’s degree programs at Kwantlen Polytechnic University after successfully completing their two-year long foundation program at GDUFS:
Program Admission Requirments
Students who wish to apply for this partnership program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Students must have obtained at least 60% in their core courses* at the International College of GDUFS; AND,
- Student must have obtained an IELTS score of 5.5 and above, before being transferred to Kwantlen Polytechnic University to continue their studies
*See Transfer Credits Arrangements to find out what credits can be transfered to Kwantlen.
Once students have been admitted into the partnership program, they must also meet one of Kwantlen’s general university admission English proficiency requirement before taking any university level courses.
Notes: If a student choose to only complete ELST 0281 to meet the general university language proficiency requirement, he/she will still be required to upgrade his/her English at a later stage to meet the prerequisite requirement to take ENGL 1100 course. To take ENGL 1100, students must have a minimum of B in both ELST 0381 and ELST 0383 courses or equivalent such as IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
Application and Admission Process
Please check admission intake dates below.
To complete the admission process, students need to submit all application documents which include:
- International Admission Application completed in full, including student signature and program choice
- Copy of the bio-page of the applicant showing full name and date of birth
- Copy of the official IELTS test score report (Academic module)
- Official transcript from Guangdong University of Foreign Studies
$1,000 CAD international deposit fee which will be applied as a credit towards your Kwantlen’s tuition fee
Admission Intake Dates
Please note that the admission intake dates vary from year to year. The following dates only apply to the 2013 admission intake.
- Summer Language Boost Program: July 2, 2013 (7-week accelerated program)
- Fall Language Program: September 3, 2013 (regular semester intake)