Skip to main content

For updates on Fall 2021 Return to Campus [Read more]

KPU Surrey Campus

You are here

Official Transcripts

An official transcript is a copy of the student’s permanent academic record that is imprinted with the signature of the Registrar. Transcripts reflect all courses taken or transferred to Kwantlen Polytechnic University; partial transcripts will not be issued. Completed credentials will only appear on a transcript once a student's graduation has been conferred by Senate.

Ordering a Transcript

Official Transcripts must be requested by a student and are subject to a nominal fee. Students can make a request through any Student Enrolment Services (SES) office by any of the following methods:

  • By email to Please ensure that your transcript request form is signed. If you are not attaching the Official Transcript Request Form, your email must come from your KPU email address and include the information listed below.
  • In person through any Student Enrolment Services office.

A transcript request will not be processed if any student university account is outstanding.

You may either download and complete the PDF icon Official Transcript Request Form or include the following information with your request:

  1. Your student information:
    • Your full legal name (including previous name if applicable)
    • Your KPU student ID or date of birth
  2. Transcript type required:
    • Electronic Transfer to general undergraduate admissions at one of the institutions listed below (if sending to a specific faculty, the transcript must be mailed). Indicate which institution. Please note that we do not email transcripts directly to students.
    • Mailed Transcript for a sealed copy sent to a mailing address. Indicate the exact mailing address where you want your transcript sent and the number of copies.
    • Picked up Transcript for a sealed copy that you wish to pick up at KPU. Indicate which campus SES office you will pick up the transcript at and the number of copies required. If a third party will pick up your transcript, provide their full name. See the instructions below for picking up a transcript. Note that only transcripts issued to the student name can be picked up; all others will be mailed.
    • RUSH. A surcharge applies for mailed or picked up transcripts. Transcripts ordered before 2:00pm will be available for pick up or mailed after 10:00am the following business day. Payment does not include courier services; students who wish transcripts to be couriered must make their own arrangements.
  3. Special instructions:
    • Hold for grades if you want to wait for your grades to be recorded. Indicate the term for which you are waiting for your grades (e.g., Spring 2018).
    • Hold for graduation to send your transcript once Senate confirms your graduation eligibility. You must have applied to graduate.
  4. Your signature. This must be the signature of the student whose name is on the transcript. Student records are confidential and are not released without the written consent of the student, unless otherwise required by law. Your signature indicates that you are requesting your records and that information contained herein is accurate to the best of your knowledge. KPU considers a falsified transcript request as fraud.

  5. Your payment. Requests will not be processed without pre-payment.
    • Pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express), OR
    • Pay by debit (in person only)

Picking up a Transcript

Transcripts will only be released upon presentation of government-issued photo identification by the individual picking up the transcript. Identification must match the name on the transcript.

Individuals picking up transcripts on behalf of a student must provide government-issued photo identification that matches the name provided on the Transcript Request. Under special circumstance, a signed letter of permission accompanying the third party may be acceptable.

Note that only transcripts issued to the student name can be picked up; all others will be mailed.

Electronic Transfer Institutions

The following institutions can receive electronic transcripts from KPU. Normally, electronic transfers are delivered within 1-3 business days of request. Electronic transfer is only available for Undergraduate Admissions at the following institutions:

Capilano University
Douglas College
Langara College
Simon Fraser University (SFU) 
Thompson Rivers University (TRU)
University of British Columbia (UBC Okanagan included) 
University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)
Vancouver Island University (VIU)
Algoma University, Ontario
Brock University, Ontario
Carleton University, Ontario
Lakehead University, Ontario
Laurentian University, Ontario
McMaster University, Ontario
Nipissing University, Ontario
Ontario College of Art
Ontario Law School (OLSAS)

Ontario Medical School (OMSAS)
Ontario Rehab Sciences Prog (ORPAS)
Queen's University, Ontario
Ryerson University, Ontario
Trent University, Ontario
Universite de l'Ontario francais
University of Guelph, Ontario
University of Ontario, Institute of Technology
University of Ottawa, Ontario
University of Toronto, Ontario & all satellite campuses
University of Waterloo, Ontario
University of Windsor, Ontario
Western University, Ontario
Wilfrid Laurier University, Ontario
York University, Ontario