Once you are admitted to KPU, you will be given a date and time that you are eligible to register; this date will fall in the formal registration period for the semester.
To check registration periods for a specific semester, see Dates & Deadlines.
Registration dates and times are normally published three weeks in advance to the registration period. A notification email will be sent when they are published, so ensure that you are checking your KPU email frequently.
To be eligible to register, you need to be either:
- Newly admitted to the university, OR
- Have attended at least one of the previous three semesters.
Checking your registration date and time
- Log into Online Self Service (OSS)
- Select Student Menu > Registration > Check Your Registration Status
- Select the term (e.g. Fall 2018) and click Submit
If you have been assigned a registration date and time, you will see the Registration Date and Registration Time showing when you are eligible to register.
If you have not been assigned a registration date and time, check the following:
- If you are a new student, have you been formally admitted to the university? Have you paid your non-refundable confirmation deposit?
- If you are a returning student, have you attended KPU in the last three semesters (students who have not attended for a full year must reapply to the university).
- Do you have any holds that are preventing registration (such as a library or accounting hold)?
- Does your academic standing allow registration (students who have been placed on Required to Withdraw or Academic Suspension status are not eligible to register).
If you have any questions about your registration date and time, contact email@example.com
How registration dates and times are assigned
Your registration date and time is determined by Policy AR10, Priority and Scheduling of Registration (see Bylaws and Policies).
|1||Individual students or groups of students requiring priority access to courses as defined by the Provost.|
|3||Declared students with 90 or more credits completed and in good academic standing.|
|4||Declared students with 60 or more credits completed and in good academic standing.|
|5||Students with 30 or more credits completed and in good academic standing.|
|6||Students with less than 30 credits completed and in good academic standing.|
|7||Any other student not previously identified.|
|8||Late admitted students.|