Once you are admitted to KPU, you will be given a date and time that you are eligible to register; this date will fall in the formal registration period for the semester.
To check registration periods for a specific semester, see Dates & Deadlines.
Registration dates and times are normally published three weeks in advance to the registration period. A notification email will be sent when they are published, so ensure that you are checking your KPU email frequently.
To be eligible to register, you need to be either:
- Newly admitted to the university, OR
- Have attended at least one of the previous three semesters.
Checking your registration date and time
- Log into Online Self Service (OSS)
- Select Student Menu
- Select Registration and then choose Prepare for Registration
- Select the term from the drop-down
If you have been assigned a registration date and time, you will see the date and time displayed.
If your date and time has not yet arrived, you will see the message in RED:
If your date and time has arrived, you will see the message in BLUE:
The start date/time is the first date and time you are able to access Register for Classes. The end date/time is the last date you can access Register for Classes for the term. Please note that the deadlines to add, drop and withdraw follow the published dates and deadlines.
If your registration date and time has not yet arrived, you will not be able to access Register for Classes for the term and will see these messages:
Not been assigned a registration date/time?
If you have not been assigned a registration date and time, no registration date and time message will appear in your Prepare for Registration page. Check the following:
- If you are a new student, have you been formally admitted to the university? Have you paid your non-refundable confirmation deposit?
- If you are a returning student, have you attended KPU in the last three semesters (students who have not attended for a full year must reapply to the university).
- Does your academic standing allow registration (students who have been placed on Required to Withdraw or Academic Suspension status are not eligible to register).
If you have any questions about your registration date and time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How registration dates and times are assigned
Your registration date and time is determined by Policy AR10, Priority and Scheduling of Registration (see Bylaws and Policies).
|1||Individual students or groups of students requiring priority access to courses as defined by the Provost|
|3||Declared students with 90 or more credits completed and in good academic standing|
|4||Declared students with 60 or more credits completed and in good academic standing|
|5||Students with 30 or more credits completed and in good academic standing|
|6||Students with less than 30 credits completed and in good academic standing|
|7||Any other student not previously identified|
|8||Late admitted students|