T2202 - Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

Effective the 2019 tax year, all post-secondary institutions are required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with each student's Social Insurance Number (SIN) on the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202). A T2202 form is produced for each student at KPU who is registered in eligible credit courses. Further information regarding the eligibility of amounts can be found at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) site. Information about Authorized Federal use of the SIN can be found at the Government of Canada site here.

Frequently asked questions

What is a T2202?

The Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) is an official tax receipt. It is issued to all students who have incurred tuition and fees for qualifying courses that are eligible to claim on the income tax return. For more information please see the Students and Income Tax document provided by the CRA.

How do I get my T2202?

The Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) is available in the KPU Online Self-Service system. Each tax year, the new slip is available before the end of February deadline.

  1. Log into Online Self Service (OSS)
  2. Select Student Menu > Records
  3. Select "View & Print T2202 Information"
  4. Click on "Select Tax Year" (the most recent year is at the top) and select:
    • View Data to see your unofficial T2202 information
    • Printable T2202 Form (PDF) to print your certificate

If there have been amendments made to my T2202, when will the updated form be available?"

Starting in March the T2202 amendment schedule outlines when KPU will make corrections to the T2202 tax slips. The amended information will be updated on students’ T2202 slips which can be accessed in Online Self-Service. 

I received my T2202 form, but the address on it is incorrect. Do I need a new one?

No, an amended T2202 is not required for an address change.

What if I have questions about my income tax return or understanding tax deductions?

KPU staff are not able to provide income tax advice. For questions regarding the use of the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) form or information about filing your income tax return, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency site.

Social Insurance Number (SIN) Submission

Where can I enter my SIN for use on the T2202?

If you do not currently have a SIN on record you have been assigned the Social Insurance Number (SIN) Submission - Action Item to submit your SIN. Please see the Action Item webpage for steps to complete this process. If the Action Item has expired, please use the 'Submit SIN' tile on ONE.KPU for submission of your SIN.


Submit SIN tile


What if I need to update my SIN?

If you have determined that the SIN on file is incorrect, please visit Student Enrolment Services in person to provide the correct number. Be sure to bring your Social Insurance Number (SIN) card or letter, and a valid piece of government issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport) so that we are able to update your number. If you are an employee of KPU, please contact Human Resources.

Where can I find more information about SIN?

Information about the Social Insurance Number can be found on the Government of Canada site here.

I am an International student, am I required to provide a SIN? Do I need a T2202?

If you have earned income in Canada and are filing a Canadian tax return, you are required to provide KPU your SIN. For the 2019 tax year onwards, KPU is required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with each student's SIN on the T2202. The T2202 tax receipt will allow you to use tuition paid as a tax deduction on your income tax return. Please consult the Government of Canada tax obligations site 'International students studying in Canada' for more information.