Check out our Employer Brochure below!
Hiring a Co-op student isn't just beneficial to students - it's beneficial for your business too!
- Its cost effective! You can fill a temporary position during staff leaves or short-term projects
- Co-op students are eager to display their expertise and show you how hard they can work
- Co-op lets you test out a future employee before you hire them on a full-time basis; many companies hire full-time employees from their previous pool of co-op students
- Hiring students is flexible - depending upon your business needs, work terms start in May, September or January; KPU Co-op has work terms that are 4, 8, or 12 months in length
- It's efficient! At KPU, when you make a co-op job offer our students have one business day to respond
- It keeps your company on the leading edge of technology by employing students who are up-to-date with currents trends.
- Co-op can help create a link between the employer and KPU; employers can provide valuable feedback about course curricula and content
- Hiring a Co-op student gives a supervisor the opportunity to mentor bright and enthusiastic students
Our Co-op students are excited to gain valuable work experience that will compliment their academics. They are willing to fully apply themselves to the job using their knowledge from the classroom to real life scenarios in the work place.
Are you still unsure if a Co-op student could be a good fit for your company? Contact us!
Career Development Centre - Surrey Main 136