Skip to main content
KPU Surrey Campus

You are here

Current Student FAQs

Academic and Graduation

1. What are the differences between a Certificate, Diploma, Associate Degree and Bachelor's Degree?

A certificate is generally a 30 credit program that takes 6-12 months of full-time studies to complete. Some of KPU's certificate programs also allow students to progress into diploma and degree programs.

A diploma is generally a 60 credit program that takes two years of full-time studies to complete.

A Baccalaureate (or Bachelor's) degree combines academic theory and applied skills development in a curriculum that will provide the foundation for a career or graduate studies. It is made up of approximately 120 credits and takes four years of full-time studies to complete.

An associate's degree consists of 60 credits of study prescribed by the Ministry of Education in arts or science. Most BC universities will grant 60 transfer credits to holders of an associate's degree, even if all the courses taken towards the associate's degree do not transfer individually to the receiving institution. For more information, please visit the BC Transfer Guide:

2. What is a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma?

This is an academic program designed for those who already have an undergraduate degree or its equivalent. This is a focused addition to an undergraduate degree, to help enhance employment opportunities or prepare for graduate-level work. Length of program varies.

3. What is the University Calendar?

The University Calendar includes all the academic programs at KPU, the requirements for admission, the curricular requirements for graduation, the dates of the academic terms, the fees, and University rules and regulations. It is published annually by the University Registrar and can be found online at:

4. What is the Academic Year?

The academic year in KPU is the period from September 1 through to the following August 31. The Academic Year begins with the Fall Semester from September through December, followed by the Spring Semester from January through April, and lastly the Summer Semester from May through August.

5. What is an elective?

An elective is a course which is freely selected by a student to fulfill degree requirements. All degree programs include both required courses and elective courses.

6. What is a major and minor?

A major is the principal subject or area of concentration within a bachelor's degree that usually consists of 30 credits of upper level (3000 and 4000) courses. A minor is a secondary subject area of concentration within a bachelor's degree that usually consists of 15-18 credits in upper level courses. 

7. What is a prerequisite?

A prerequisite is a course that needs to be taken and passed before another course can be taken. Generally, a prerequisite course must be completed with a grade of (C) or higher unless otherwise stated. 

8. What is a co-requisite?

A co-requisite is a course(s) that must be taken at the same time, or previous to, a currently registered course (minimum grade of C if taken previously).

9. Can I substitute a required course with another course?

In some cases, you may be able to substitute a course required for your program for another course with the same learning outcomes. Please click below for the form: .

10. What is a credit/credit hour?

A credit is the point value attached to a course. Most courses at KPU are 3 credits. Credits are used in the calculation of GPA and tuition.

11. What's the difference between lower division courses and upper division courses?

Lower division courses refer to as the 1st and 2nd year requirements and the course number are usually 1100 and 2000. The upper division courses refer to as the 3rd and 4th year requirements and the course number are usually 3000 and 4000.

12. What is an Academic Standing?

KPU students must maintain an Institutional CGPA of at least 2.0 (C average) in order to stay in Good Academic Standing. Students who fall below 2.0 CGPA may be placed on Academic Warning and then Academic Probation before being “Required to Withdraw”.

Academic Standing will also impact the scheduling and priority of a student's registration date and time. For further details, please refer to the Priority and Scheduling of Registration Procedure Policies.

13. What is a GPA? How is GPA calculated?

The GPA is calculated by multiplying the grade points associated with the letter grade received in a course by the number of credits assigned to that course, adding those values for all courses taken, and dividing the result by the total number of credits taken. Different types of GPA's include the following. For further information, please visit

  • Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is the GPA calculated over all the terms in which the student has been enrolled.
  • Program GPA is the GPA you have achieved in all courses that will be counted towards graduation.
  • Term Grade Point Average (TGPA) is an overall weighted average of the marks which you earned in a particular term.

14. What grade do I need to pass a course?

The minimum passing grade for a course in which letter grades are assigned is a D grade. However, you will need a C or higher to be able to use the course as a prerequisite.

15. What is a W and will W affect my GPA?

If you withdraw a course before the official withdrawal deadline, you will get a W on your official transcript; however, this will not affect your GPA. These dates and deadlines are stated in the University Calendar. A late withdrawal results in a failing grade. 

16. How do I repeat a course?

You may repeat a course once and would need permission to register a third time. Please refer to the Appeal to Repeat a Course form for further instructions.

17. What is waitlisting and how does it work?

If the section of a course you wish to register is full and waitlisting is available, you will then be given the option to add the status of “Waitlist/waitlisted”. You can click below for detailed information:

18. What is an appropriate course load for each semester?

The maximum course load is normally restricted to 17.5 credits per semester; however a student's average course load is typically 3 – 5 courses per semester (9-15 credits). Some programs may require a specific course load.

19. How many courses do I have to take to be considered a full-time student?

A student who is enrolled in nine or more credit hours in a semester is considered to be full-time at KPU. At KPU, a student who is registered in less than 9 credits hours of study in a semester is considered a part-time student. All international students are required by KPU to take a minimum of 9 credits per semester in order to maintain their full-time student status.

20. How do I find out if I got a seat offered from the waitlist? How much time do I have to accept a waitlist offer?

Seat notifications are sent out as soon as a seat becomes available. They are sent out based on the priority of the students on the waitlist. Each student will be given 36 hours to register. One week before the start of the term, the time limit to accept your seat offer will be reduced to 18 hours.  If you do not respond, you will be removed from the waitlist and the seat will be given to the next student on the priority list. It is critical that you check your KPU email account on a consistent basis in order to ensure that you do not miss an email notification.

21. How many times can I transfer a course?

A student has only one opportunity to transfer a course to KPU. When a student has completed courses at multiple institutions and the courses articulate to the same KPU course, KPU will grant transfer credit once.

For more information, please click below

22. What is a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)?

This is a process used to grant credits towards a certificate, diploma, or degree in recognition of learning gained through previous work, training, or informal experience.

23. Can I take a test to register in an English and/or Math course at KPU?

KPU offers both English and Math tests which evaluate your skills and place you into upgrading courses. You can view the type of tests offered at KPU:

24. Does KPU provide support to improve my academic performance?

We have the Learning Centres in each of our four campuses where you can find individualized learning assistance and assessments. The Learning Centres help students with study skills and learning strategies, and provide free one-on-one and small group tutoring in a range of areas such as writing and math. English language tutoring is the most popular subject among international students.
There are over 100 peer tutors and academic coaches to support students transitioning to university life. For more information, please visit

25. How do I get help with my English writing skills?

The Learning Centre provides a number of writing support services!

  1. You can meet with a writing peer tutor. Writing tutors can help you understand your assignment instructions, generate ideas, create an essay outline, organize your paragraphs, and much more. Writing tutors can support you in writing assignments for any class you are taking. While writing tutors do not edit or proofread your work, they will give you strategies for improving your writing and conquering common mistakes. To book an appointment, go to (search for Writing as the subject).
  2. You can also work with an online writing tutor! In online writing tutoring, you upload your assignment, and in about two days, you will receive feedback from a writing tutor that indicates the strengths of your writing, and 2-3 key areas to guide you in improving your draft. There are two online services available to KPU students:
    • AskUp: go to and select Upload an Assignment for Review
    • Submit a paper to Write Away. Visit
  3. Attend a writing-focused Academic Skills Workshop. In these workshops, you will work with a Learning Strategist and a small group of students to address common writing concerns. Topics include:
    • University Essays: First Steps
    • Quote, Paraphrase, and Summarize
    • Self-Editing Strategies
    • Visit for a current workshop schedule.
  4. Attend a Writing LabWriting Lab sessions are for students currently registered in first year English courses, and are organized by the English department every semester. For additional information, and to register for a session, visit:

26. When can I apply for graduation?

Please submit your Credential Request form at least 8 weeks prior to Senate meeting.

If you have questions regarding your courses and have not applied for your credential, international students are encouraged to book an appointment with International Academic Advisor during their last semester to do a graduation check for further assistance. Please view Policy AR16 regarding specific graduation requirements.

In addition, if you have completed courses at another post-secondary institution and are requesting Transfer Credit, it is your responsibility to ensure that all documentation has been submitted and assessed prior to applying for graduation. If you have any questions about the status of your Transfer Credit you may check your student records online through your Online Self-Service account or contact Transfer Credit Evaluation Office at 604.599.2285, or send an email to

If you have spoken with an Advisor and still have concerns regarding graduation, please contact the Graduation Office at

27. What is convocation?

This is the graduation ceremony where students are awarded and conferred credentials by the Chancellor of the University.

28. Plagiarism – What is it?

As per KPU's Policy, "Plagiarism occurs where a student represents the work or ideas of another person as his or her own." 
Some examples of plagiarism include, but are not limited to:

  • not citing the sources you used
  • not identifying direct quotes properly
  • paraphrasing or summarizing information from a source without acknowledgement
  • patchwriting
  • submitting a paper as your own that was done entirely or partially by someone else
  • paying someone to write your paper

29. What happens if I plagiarize?

The consequences for plagiarism are outlined in KPU's Policy Plagiarism and Cheating (HYPERLINK ):

  • For most first offences, a grade of zero will be awarded for the affected assignment, test, paper, analysis, etc.
  • For most second offences, a failing grade will be assigned in the affected course;
  • Depending upon the circumstances surrounding a first or second offense, a more severe level of discipline may be imposed by the University;
  • Where deemed appropriate in the circumstances, for any third offence, the matter must be referred to the University Vice President Academic under ST7 Student Conduct for the assignment of discipline, which may include suspension or expulsion from the University.
  • Any student who contributes to an act of academic dishonesty by another student may face disciplinary action.

30. How can I learn more about plagiarism?

KPU's Library has compiled a resource centre and an online tutorial on plagiarism, which you are encouraged to complete to demonstrate your awareness:     

Study and Work Permits

31. When should I renew my study permit?

KPU students are encouraged to renew their study permit three months prior to the expiry date. Please see the detailed instruction at

32. How KPU can help me to extend my study permit?

KPU students will need a study permit extension letter issued by the International Advising Office to renew the study permit. To request a study permit extension letter, please click below for the form:

33. Can I take a semester off?

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,

“Designated learning institutions set the number of hours/credits toward a degree, diploma or certificate that is required for a student to hold full-time status. Students must cease working off-campus as soon as their status changes (e.g., a student may begin an academic session on a full-time basis and become part-time during the same session as they drop courses). One or two distance learning courses within an academic, vocational or professional training program are acceptable within the context of determining full-time status. If the designated learning institution considers a student to have full-time status during the "work experience" portion of the program (for which a work permit under the co-op work permit program is required) and the student continues to comply with the eligibility requirements under the co-op work permit program, the student may be eligible to work off campus pursuant to R186(v).”

“Students must hold full-time status during the academic session prior to, as well as subsequent to, their scheduled break. Each scheduled break should not be more than four months consecutively and students are not eligible to work full-time if the institution allows for back-to-back scheduled breaks. Essentially, taking into account reading breaks and the winter holiday, students may only work off campus on a full-time basis for no longer than five months during each calendar year (e.g., working full-time for four months consecutively during a scheduled break plus full-time during reading breaks that generally do not exceed one week at a time).”

A student who is enrolled in 9 or more credit hours in a semester is considered to be full-time at KPU. At KPU, a student who is registered in less than 9 credits hours of study in a semester is considered a part-time student.

KPU’s full-time international students with the appropriate study permit are authorized to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic term and full-time during scheduled breaks, which include:

  • End of Exams in December to the start of January term
  • End of Exams in April to the start of May term
  • End of Exams in August to the start of September term
  • One of the: Fall (September), Spring (January) or Summer (May) terms, provided students remain enrolled full-time at KPU in the term preceding the break, and full-time in the term following the break.

Last update: February 28, 2018

34. My study permit is lost/stolen, what should I do?

You may request a replacement of your study permit if it is lost or stolen. You need to contact RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) to get a file number. You must provide the police report number to prove that your current study permit has been lost or stolen. Please follow the instructions from IRCC at

35. How can I get a Co-op work permit?

A Co-op work permit is different from an off-campus work permit and you may hold both if you meet the criteria for each. Work cannot be more than 50 percent of the total program of study. Submit your application online for faster processing times: You must have:
1. Attend a Co-op information session. Pre-register online at
2. No application fee is required.
3. An original letter from the Co-op office which confirms that your Co-op/Internship is a required.

Submit your application by paper as follows:
1. Attend a Co-op information session. Pre-register online at
2. Download Application Form IMM 5710 and Document Checklist IMM 5583 at
3. An original letter from the Co-op office which confirms that your Co-op/Internship is a required part of your program of study. Once you have obtained your Co-op work permit, visit Services Canada to obtain your Social Insurance Number (SIN). To learn more about how to apply for a SIN, please continue to read answer to Question 40 in this FAQs.

36. How many hours can I volunteer with my study permit?

Study permit holders may volunteer as many hours as they want. While Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) enforces strict conditions on the hours that study permit holders may work for compensation, volunteer hours are not subject to the same limits. To learn more about volunteer opportunities available at KPU, please go to:

37. Can I work while studying? Do I need a work permit?

International students may wish to explore the opportunity of working either on- or off-campus while studying at KPU. Finding a part-time job can help with living expenses while going to school. International students who hold a valid study permit and are studying full time university level courses are eligible to work off campus. International students may work without a work permit on the campus of the university at which they are a full-time student.

To find out more information and ensure you are meeting the eligibility requirements to work off campus with your study permit, please review the following information:

38. Who can't work off-campus?

ELST students will not be permitted to work off-campus until they have completed English upgrading and have been admitted to undergraduate studies. If you are an ELST student, your study permit may have been issued with the following remarks which prohibit off-campus work:

This permit does not permit the holder to engage in off campus employment in Canada.

Once you have been admitted to undergraduate studies, you may apply to change the conditions of your study permit (fees will apply).

In addition, international students who are taking general interest courses or courses to prepare for another study program or a visiting or exchange student who won't receive a degree from KPU, may not be allowed to work off-campus without a work permit.

For further information, please visit

39. How many hours can I work while I study?

If you qualify to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions or if you are studying part-time because you are completing the last semester of your program.

There are no legal restrictions preventing students from working on-campus in addition to working the maximum 20 hours per week off-campus during regular academic sessions (Fall and Spring).

For further information, please visit

40. When can I work full time?

You may work full time during scheduled breaks such as reading breaks or winter/summer holidays or after you finish your studies if you have applied for any other work permit. Please refer to the following link for more details:

According to IRCC, “Students must hold full-time status during the academic session prior to, as well as subsequent to, their scheduled break. Each scheduled break should not be more than four months consecutively and students are not eligible to work full-time if the institution allows for back-to-back scheduled breaks. Essentially, taking into account reading breaks and the winter holiday, students may only work off campus on a full-time basis for no longer than five months during each calendar year (e.g., working full-time for four months consecutively during a scheduled break plus full-time during reading breaks that generally do not exceed one week at a time).

41. What is a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and how can I apply for a SIN?

Students need a social insurance number (SIN) to work in Canada. To apply for a SIN for on and off-campus employment, you must have a valid study permit and an employment contract. Students can apply for a SIN before or within the first three days of employment.
Please read the detailed instructions on

You apply for a SIN with Service Canada. To get started, bring your study permit to any Service Canada location (

You must have one of the following conditions or remarks printed on your study permit in order to apply for a SIN for off-campus work:

  • May work 20 hours per week off-campus or full-time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section186(v) of IRPR
  • May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as perR186(f), (v) or (w). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria

If your study permit was issued without the above remarks, you must request an amendment to your study permit with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before you can apply for a SIN. There is no fee for this request.

42. Can my partner work while I study in Canada?

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for an open work permit if you are a full-time student at KPU and hold a valid study permit. To find out information about your spouse/partner's eligibility to work while you study in Canada please review the following information:  

43. I want to work after graduation. What should I do?

To work in Canada after you graduate, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), which enables students to work in Canada for up to three years. To find out further information please review:

If you are planning to apply for the PGWP, it is important to familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements (, so that you can plan ahead for a successful application. For example, you will need to demonstrate that you studied continuously, full time, throughout your time as a student in Canada, by submitting a final transcript to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as part of your application.

An International Academic Advisor can provide you with a post graduate work permit letter to submit to IRCC as a supporting document for your application. To apply for a post graduate work permit letter from KPU, you must fill out the Post Graduate Work Permit Letter Request form and submit it to the KPU International office on Surrey or Richmond campus:

International Academic Advisors are only able to issue a post-graduate work permit letter after your graduation assessment is completed. It normally takes 4-6 weeks to process the letter.

You must apply for a post-graduation work permit within 90 days of receiving your official letter (or an official transcript) indication that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program. The issued date is specified on your official letter (or an official transcript).  Your study permit must continue to be valid when you submit your application for a post-graduation work permit.


44. Are international students eligible for scholarships and awards?

International students are eligible for many awards available at KPU. International students cannot apply for any bursaries or awards based on financial need, as they are required to demonstrate sufficient funding before being issued a study permit by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Additional information is available here:

45. How do I file my Income Tax return?

As an international student, it is important that you understand what your rights, entitlements, and obligations are under Canada's tax system. It is your responsibility to determine your income tax status, and make sure to pay your required amount of taxes for each year according to the law.

Tuition, education, and textbook amounts are non-refundable tax credits that allow students to reduce their income taxes. Even if you do not have to pay tax, you may be able to carry forward all or part of your tuition, education, and textbook amounts, to use in a future year.

Please read through the instructions from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

The Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (T2202A) are made available online in late February each year - CPS does not mail T2202As to students. Last year's T2202A plus previous tax years are available on the KPU Online Self-Service system. Just follow the steps below to view your T2202A data or to print your official receipt (printer access required).

  • Go into Online Self-Service,
  • Select Student Records Menu/Records
  • Select "View & Print T2202A Information"
  • Click on Select the Tax Year (the most recent year is at the top). The 'View Data' option will display your T2202A, however this is not considered an official receipt for remittance to Revenue Canada. If you require an official T2202A you must click the 'Printable Form' option. Your computer must have access to a printer to use the printable form option.
  • Click Continue to print your tax receipt.

For further information, please visit

To work in Canada, you must file taxes with CRA. Its website ( contains information, resources and services to help newcomers to Canada understand how the tax system works and how to file taxes.

Videos and Recorded Webinars

Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)


46. What is a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker). You must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before your departure. You cannot obtain one upon arrival in Canada. Citizens of some countries require a TRV to visit Canada for temporary purposes. Please visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website to find out whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada.

47. How can I apply for a TRV in Canada?

You can apply for a TRV in Canada if you are legally admitted as a student with a Canadian residential address and need a new TRV to return to Canada in the near future. You need to make sure your passport and study permit and/or work permit are renewed and valid; print out a Confirmation of Enrolment from your student account; order an official transcript; and provide proof of financial support.

48. What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through Canada. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

49. Who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

Citizens from countries other than the United States (U.S.) who do not need a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain an eTA before flying to Canada. Travelers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land or sea.

50. How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes. You need your passport, a credit or debit card and an email address. It costs CAD $7 to get an eTA. It is valid for up to five years.

51. Do I have to print anything to prove that I have an eTA?

No. The eTA is electronically linked to your passport. You need to travel with the passport you used to apply for your eTA.

52. Can I travel outside of Canada?

If you travel outside of Canada while you are a KPU student, please follow the checklist below to avoid potentially serious complications.

  • Keep your TRV/eTA up-to-date (hyperlink to section above on TRV)
  • Bring photocopies of your identity documents with you, including your passport, BC ID, study permit, etc.
  • Print a confirmation of enrolment or class schedule from online self-service ( and bring it to the border with you.
  • Make sure you are covered for basic medical insurance while outside of Canada:
  • If you are enrolled in BC MSP and you travel outside of Canada, you will not be covered for basic medical insurance. You will need to seek travel insurance which includes basic medical insurance.
  • KPU's Temporary Medical Insurance plan does include coverage outside of Canada, except in your home country (hyperlink to section above on Temporary Medical Insurance plan).
  • Keep your emergency contact information up to date in KPU's records, using online self-service ( )

53. What should I do if I want to visit the United States?

Having a U.S. Visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing and request permission to enter the U.S. While having a Visa does not guarantee entry to the U.S., it does indicate that a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose.

Citizens from participating countries in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) do not need a U.S. Visa for visits of 90 days or less; however, those citizens must meet all VWP eligibility requirements. For full details on eligibility requirements may be found at

For more details about applying for a U.S. visa, please visit:


After submitting your application:

  • You need to schedule an appointment/interview. You can do this online at: or by calling 778-807-9660.
  • Please note: You will be Visa Category: “B” for Tourist/Personal Travel.)

54. I would like to invite my family to visit me in Canada. What should I do?

A visitor's visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) may be required by your family in order to visit Canada. For the list of countries whose citizens require a visitor's visa or eTA and to locate instructions on how to apply, please visit this page on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website:

Visitors who require support overseas with their visa applications can visit one of IRCC's visa application centres, with locations around the globe: International students can help their families apply for a visitor's visa by providing them with:

An invitation letter from you

An information checklist for the invitation letter can be found on IRCC website here: .

A Confirmation of Enrollment

You can print a Confirmation of Enrolment letter using online self-service ( ) by following these instructions:

A photocopy of your passport and immigration documents.

These documents can help your family demonstrate the purpose of their travel to IRCC. Please keep in mind that your invitation letter is one piece of much bigger application process, and it is not a guarantee that the visa will be granted.


If you have any questions about temporary medical insurance, the British Columbia Medical Service Plan (BC MSP), how to opt out of temporary medical insurance and the opt-out deadline etc, please visit

55. What if I don't feel well and I need to see a doctor?

To find a direct billing clinic, visit the GuardMe website and select "Find a Clinic."

56. If I feel home sick or stressful, who should I speak to?

KPU Counselling provides confidential services to students on a range of issues, such as:

  • Adjustment to post-secondary studies
  • Anxiety, depression, and grief
  • Addiction
  • Stress management
  • Relationships and family
  • Referrals from Early Alert

KPU counsellors are also here to assist students in crisis and make referrals for specialized help.

Crisis and After-hours Counselling

Crisis Centre of BC (24/7)
Phone: 604.872.3311 or 1.800.784.2433
Online Chat: 
Online chat is available from Noon to 1 AM in BC and Yukon only

For further information, please visit


57. What is KPU's emergency contact number when I need help on campus?

In case of emergency on campus, you can call 911 for Police or KPU Campus Security/First Aid at 604-599-2676.

KPU Security has an app! With KPU Safe, you can:

  • Contact security and emergency services
  • Access support resources such as counselling services and first aid
  • View interactive campus maps
  • Arrange for an escorted walk on any KPU campus, or share your location with a friend
  • Get help if you have car trouble on campus, such as a flat tire or dead battery
  • And much more!

Download the app here.

Can't find what you are looking for? Ask a Question.

Disclaimer: KPU strives to provide the most up-to-date immigration information. However, the KPU International FAQ page is not a legal document, and the information therein is subject to change without notice. Please ensure to visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for the most updated information: