APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 9, 2019
Please read all of the important information and instructions before completing the online application.
Spring Convocation: June 3–7, 2019
Eligible students need to successfully complete their program of study between October 6, 2018 – April 30, 2019 and have submitted a graduation credential request form and application to attend the convocation ceremony.
- President’s Outstanding Graduate Awards - $500 each
These awards are presented annually by the President and are meant to encourage KPU students in all fields of study to excel in their program choice and participate in university, student and community activities that benefit others. One degree program graduate and one diploma program graduate will be recipients of this award.
Criteria: These awards are presented to students who have completed all study in an individual KPU program, have demonstrated outstanding ability in their field of study, have contributed in a significant way to KPU, student and/or community affairs, and have applied and been accepted for graduation.
A student may only receive this award once.
- George C. Wootton Award - $845
Criteria: In recognition of George Wootton’s outstanding dedication, service and contributions to the community college system, the Kwantlen Board of Governor’s has established an award fund in his name.1) must have achieved significant academic success but need not have the best overall achievement
2) contribution on the community and/or Kwantlen extracurricular or voluntary activities must be considered equally with academic success (provide supporting documentation)
*All students are eligible regardless of program. In the event of a tie, the student with the most significant improvement will be given preference.
Students must include faculty reference letters with their application or may ask instructors to email directly to the Coordinator, Scholarships and Awards, email@example.com
Students must submit a documentation package in support of their online application. This may include faculty references or volunteerism/community activity references or any other material the applicant feels is relevant to their application. Please include two (2) copies of all submitted documentation.
Supporting documentation must be hand delivered or mailed to Student Awards & Financial Assistance, on any KPU campus, on or before the posted deadline.
The Online Application is located by clicking on "Apply Here" below and logging in to the KPU Online Self-service (OSS) portal. After logging in, please follow these steps:
- Click on "Student Menu"
- Click on “Student Awards and Financial Assistance”
- Click on “Award Application”
- Select Application Type "Spring Term 2019 - Graduation Awards/Spring Convocation," click “Apply” and begin completing the application.
- Click “Yes” to the terms & conditions on the Personal Declaration page in order for your application to be submitted successfully.