The Foundations in Design Program is a limited intake program with 20 seats available each Fall intake. Admission to the program is based on the strength of the applicant's portfolio. Once you have completed your application, you will receive instructions on how to submit your Portfolio through an online submission platform.
Portfolios should reflect creative interests. The following are suggestions for inclusion in the portfolio, but are intended only as a guide. Please include 5 - 15 pieces of work in your portfolio.
- Do you enjoy drawing and/or painting a variety of things either real or imagined? How about including some photos/scans of these.
- Do you enjoy working with your hands on things like sculpture, pottery, textiles, woodworking, printmaking, sewing/costume design, garden/landscape design, room decorating or model making? How about including some photos/scans of these.
- Do you relax by doodling visually in a sketchbook or journal? How about including some photos/scans of some of the pages out of one or two of these.
- Are you excited about photography? Have you taken interesting pictures that show your eye for composition? Definitely include the best of these. Black and white or in colour, they're all good.
- Adding a caption for each piece helps us understand your projects (titles, explanations of what you were trying to achieve, dates, sizes, medium, whether school work or done on your own time). Instead of a caption, you may present this information in a single info sheet.Keep your work logically organized. For instance, if you are showing a 3D object from multiple angles, or showing an overview and a detail of the same project, or a progression of a project, those images should be grouped together.