Want to know how much it will cost to attend the Wilson School of Design in one of our programs? Check out the KPU Tuition Estimator.
If you have other questions please be sure to visit the Future Students' Office page.
In addition to the standard tuition and fees, students entering the Product Design program should also factor in the cost of a laptop and recommended software in order to complete projects and course deliverables. The following software and laptop specifications are the minimum requirements.
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit or later
- Processor: 7th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core or equivalent
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5 (or equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud (annual subscription required)
- Microsoft Office Suite (available for download for KPU students here)
- Anti-Virus Software (annual subscription required)
Students may refer to this page to stay up to date on software and specification requirements.
All incoming and continuing Product Design students will need access to a sewing machine for the coming academic year. Your sewing machine should have the following capabilities:
- Straight stitch
- Zig Zag Stitch
- Regular stitching foot
- Zipper Foot
- Buttonhole (recommended but not necessary)
*Note that if you have an industrial sewing machine please let your instructor know and we will work with you to meet all course outcomes accordingly.
It is also recommended to have a variety of sewing machine needle sizes which will be discussed in courses. You should also plan to have an iron with steaming capabilities to assist through the construction process.