A vital link between the university and its many external stakeholders, the Department of External Affairs engages on many levels under the leadership of Randall Heidt, Vice President, External Affairs.
The department promotes KPU's reputation as Canada's only polytechnic university, defined by inspiring educators, open and creative learning environments, and relevant scholarship and research.
The External Affairs department:
- Cements partnerships that advance KPU's mission, vision and values;
- Broadly shares stories of student, faculty, alumni and research success;
- Facilitates meaningful relationships with donors and community and industry partners who support student achievement;
- Connects KPU with organizations and individuals in the university community, for mutual benefit;
- Fosters a culture of collaboration and philanthropy; and
- Promotes KPU's polytechnic advantage to the wider community.
Randall Heidt is Vice President External Affairs for Kwantlen Polytechnic University. His portfolio includes: Marketing and Communications, Advancement and Alumni, Government and Community Relations. Randall is also the CEO of the KPU Foundation. Randall is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE). Randall has a Bachelor of Applied Communications from Mount Royal University, a Master’s of Leadership from Royal Roads University and a Professional Fundraising Certificate from Boston University. Randall also has more than 20 years of communications experience as a reporter, photographer, videographer, TV reporter, online editor and city editor. Randall has raised millions of dollars to help students reach their educational, career and life goals and is eager to work with everyone at KPU, and within the communities we serve, to help as many KPU students as possible.