KPU is currently at step 3 of its return to campus guidelines (https://www.kpu.ca/hui/novel-coronavirus/return-to-campus). This step indicates that meeting rooms are open (bookable through Outlook) but events are not permitted except for government relations and that conference centres and large meeting rooms are only available for use with an approved safety plan. KPU is supporting the Province's initiatives for vaccination by providing our Richmond and Surrey Conference Centres to both Fraser Health Authority and Vancouver Coastal Health until the end of December 2021.
Note: The use of the institution by employees engaged in activities outside the scope of their employment, constitutes as use by an external group and will be subjected to rental fees.
How to Submit an Event Request?
To successfully submit an event request at KPU, please follow these steps: Use this link if you want to check ASTRA first (Link to ASTRA)
- Access Event Support and Logistics / Space Booking through the KPU Service Portal / TDx.
- Check room availabilities in Astra to ensure space is available
- To enter a new event request choose the red Facilities Services button and the Event Support and Logistics Space Booking category.
How to Revise My Event Request?
- From the KPU Service Portal (TDx) click on "Services" and then click on "Ticket Requests" in the grey bar at the top of the page.
- You can add a comment to the ticket requesting the changes you need -- please ensure this is done no later than two weeks before an event. If you require changes after this two week period please phone and discuss with Facilities.
How Far in Advance Can I submit an Event Request?
- Meeting rooms, conference centres and public spaces are bookable up to one year in advance
- Classrooms are bookable only after Scheduling and Continuing & Professional Studies have completed their room assignments for each semester: typically late March (for Summer), late July (for Fall), late November (for Spring)
- For further details on Roomrent procedures, please see Room Booking Procedures
Need Support for Your Meeting or Event?
- IT / AV equipment & support can be requested through the Event Setup Form when submitting your request. If your request has already been submitted then email IT at ServiceDesk@kpu.ca