KPU is adhering to both Provincial Health Officer directives and WorkSafe BC regulations and so are unable to accommodate on-campus events regrdless of the number of participants from today until the end of December. This applies to meetings in all areas of KPU such as conference centres, classrooms, public spaces and parking lots. New submissions requesting space to hold events during this time will not be considered.
Unfortunately, we are unable at this time to provide the resources needed to ensure we comply with mitigation measures required to ensure appropriate social distancing. We appreciate your understanding at this time of heightened awareness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please ensure that you cancel all requests for rentals, food, supplies, etc. If this is a partnered event, please reach out to your external partner and make them aware that we cannot accommodate their request at this time.
On the first of each month we will reviewing all events currently requested beyond December to determine if they too will be cancelled.
We will not be taking any new event requests for the foreseeable future. This includes requests to re-schedule events. We will advise once we are ready to start planning on-campus events again.
Note: The use of the institution by employees engaged in activities outside the scope of their employment, constitutes as use by an external group and will be subjected to rental fees.
How to Submit an Event Request?
To successfully submit an event request at KPU, please follow these steps: Use this link if you want to check ASTRA first (Link to ASTRA)
- Access the Event Request and Space Booking Site home page in SharePoint.
- To enter a new event request or review progress on event requests already submitted go to the "My Requests" link in the Left Hand panel of the home page
- To start a new request click on "New Item" located under the Request Form title
- Various setup configuration are available on the Event Request and Space Booking Site in the left hand panel under "Resources"
- Click on "Instructions for submitting an event or space request" for a more detailed explanation of the various fields in the Event Request Form
How to Revise My Event Request?
- Retrieve the booking’s Astra reservation number found in the "Status" portion of your request
- Check room availabilities in Astra to ensure space is available
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Reservation number
- Revision details (i.e. date, time, room, etc.)
What do I do if I'm asked to Approve an Event Request?
- If you are required to approve an event request you will receive an email with a link. Click on the link.
- The link will take you into a browser where you can review the event request that you are being asked to approve.
- After reviewing the request you can either choose "Approve" or "Not Approved"
- Once your selection is complete hit "SAVE" in the top left corner of the browser.
How Far in Advance Can I submit an Event Request?
- Meeting rooms, conference centres and public spaces are bookable up to one year in advance
- Classrooms are bookable only after Scheduling and Continuing & Professional Studies have completed their room assignments for each semester: typically late March (for Summer), late July (for Fall), late November (for Spring)
- For further details on Roomrent procedures, please see Room Booking Procedures
Need Support for Your Meeting or Event?
- To enter or alter a setup for an event already submitted send an email to email@example.com and quote your Astra reservation number and event title in the subject line.
- IT / AV equipment & support can be requested through the Event Request Form when submitting your request. If your request has already been submitted then email IT at ServiceDesk@kpu.ca
- For catering needs, contact Sodexo or KSA Grassroots Lounge Cafe
- For room booking inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org