If you plan on attending KPU in the Fall, you will receive more information on the online orientation options in early August. Students are recommended to attend the Live Virtual Orientation and complete the Online Orientation.
|VIRTUAL ORIENTATION||INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION|
Live Virtual Orientation:
Also join us for optional Student Perspective Sessions:
Live Virtual International Orientation:*
August 30th - 1:00pm-2:30pm
August 31st - 8:00am-9:30am
*Orientation is mandatory for International Students
Taking place from September 1-10, First Year Festival is your opportunity to go beyond the basics and get a deeper look at what KPU and the KSA have to offer through drop-in activities and workshops hosted by on-campus experts. FYF is open to ALL first year students, regardless of which semester you began your studies.
New Student Orientation is…
Your opportunity to:
- Discover KPU
- Learn about services and resources
- Meet fellow students and classmates
- Receive guidance from senior students
- Learn about the university experience at KPU
- Have a ton of fun!
You can attend any Orientation date, but find out which one we recommend for your program: Which Orientation should I attend?
Orientation is a full-day session (not drop-in), we encourage you to attend the full session.
Mature Students are recommended to attend the Live Virtual Orientation event on September 2nd at 7:30pm.
For students ages 25+, you have the option of attending either a Mature Student Orientation, or a regular Orientation day
INTERNATIONAL, VISITING AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS:
International students are required to attend TWO orientation sessions as above. Orientation is highly encouraged for all new students, and is mandatory for International & Exchange Students.
TRADES & TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS: *Encouraged to attend the Live Virtual Orientation on August 31st. Kindly ignore the information below.
Trades students beginning in September/October 2019 are encouraged to attend Orientation. Orientation for Trades students will begin at the Surrey Campus on the morning of August 29 After lunch at Surrey, students will be taken to the Cloverdale Campus (KPU Tech) via shuttle bus provided by KPU. At KPU Tech, they will enjoy a fun & informative session hosted by the Trades Faculty, and will receive help finding their classrooms and preparing for their program at KPU. Students will be dismissed from Cloverdale, and an optional shuttle bus will be provided for students to return to the Surrey Campus.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
KPU offers Orientation programs that adapt to the needs of all KPU students, including students with disabilities. KPU is happy to provide modified orientations for students with individual needs on the day of the event, or on a later date by request.
Preparing for Orientation
- Register for KPU's First Year Friday (date TBD) online. This is an optional extended Orientation Day with workshops, activities, fun and food!
- Pre-order your KPU Card (Student ID) online. You can order your card starting one month before the start of classes.
- Bring picture ID and your 9 digit student number. The name on your photo ID must be written in English characters and must match the name you registered with KPU.
- Check on your program/Faculty website to see if you have an additional Program Orientation or Information Session to attend.
- International Students: You must bring your study permit with you to Orientation (not applicable to Exchange/Visiting Students), and prior to Orientation, you must purchase your medical insurance through KPU Online Self Service (For more information about medical insurance)
Check out our Orientation FAQs for more details.
Still unsure? Email email@example.com
KPU would like to thank the Fall 2019 New Student Orientation Sponsors: