Energy conservation succeeds with everyone's participation, but sometimes knowing where to start can be hard.
Simple actions help and the very basic ones everyone should do are listed below.
- Turn off lights when they are not needed
- Turn off your computer when you finish using it
- Close the blinds before you go home. This keeps your work area cooler in summer and warmer in the winter
The download links below are one page information sheets that provide insight into energy conservation and sustainability.
- How Electricity is charged in BC
- The Public Sector Energy Conservation Agreement
- A New Way of Looking at Light
- Home Heating Thermostats
- Home Heating Furnace Filters
- GHG Emissions from Cars