The Department of Academic and Career Preparation offers developmental education in two areas:
- Adult Upgrading for students wishing to improve literacy and/or numeracy skills, or complete the BC Adult Graduation Diploma.
- Qualifying Studies for students who may already have completed high school and simply need to upgrade their skills to qualify for undergraduate programs.
Adult Upgrading (AU) Program Overview
Kwantlen Polytechnic University's (KPU) Adult Upgrading program assists students with career and university preparation through Adult Upgrading (AU) courses. AU programs offered through KPU are designed for adults by the Ministry of Advanced Education and are similar to AU programs offered by other post-secondary institutions in BC.
Student Financial Assistance
Students may apply to the BC Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) for funds to cover tuition and other expenses.
Continuous Intake Courses
In our individually-paced, Continuous Intake (CI) courses, students upgrade their English and math skills. With one-to-one help from an instructor, students work at their own pace to complete these courses and may progress to the next level in two to three months. For more information please see Continuous Intake.
Adult Upgrading: English
Adult Upgrading: Math
Adult Upgrading: Science
Please visit our Qualifying Studies page for more information about available science courses.
How do I get in?
- Apply online at kpu.ca/apply. If you need held with the application process, please contact Future Students' Office.
- Book a free ACP English assessment or a free ACP Math assessment.
- Receive test results. For academic planning, book an appointment with the ACA Academic Advisor.
- Once admitted to KPU, register for courses and start your studies.