Planning how to pay for university courses, textbooks, and supplies is important.

You may anticipate or experience additional costs for disability-related equipment or services.

  • KPU's Student Aid and Financial Awards has resources and assistance to help you explore options and make plans.
  • Canada and BC offer students with permanent disabilities grants (money you don't have to pay back) to help cover university costs.

To find out more about these grants, visit StudentAidBC at and look for
To find out if you are eligible for any of these grants, apply for a loan with StudentAidBC and submit documentation of your disability (Appendix 8).

When we plan accommodations with you, we will encourage you to apply for these grants and talk about funding for disability-related Equipment and Services to support your studies.