Transition from High School

The best way to prepare for the transition from high school to university is to start early.

We encourage all incoming KPU students who anticipate or experience disability-related barriers to explore the information on this website and book a meeting with a member of the team at the campus you will be attending. 

We  can help you

  • Find out how university is different than high school.
  • Talk through differences you may experience between and IEP and an accommodation plan.
  • Plan accommodations, technology, and other strategies and supports.
  • Apply for provincial and federal grants available to students with permanent disabilities.
  • Get connected to other KPU services such as Learning Centre, Advising, Financial Aid, and Counselling.
  • Make a plan for sharing accommodation information with your instructors.

Top 5 differences between high school and university