Current students seeking assistance from an academic advisor are welcome to make a one-to-one appointment based on the advisor’s availability. These appointments are intended to assist students with in-depth questions regarding their academic planning. Students make appointments using Advisor Connect!
This online appointment booking system allows current students the flexibility and convenience to book their own advising appointment. To book an advising appointment, please follow the instructions outlined below. For additional assistance with how to book an appointment or if you are having difficulties logging in to Advisor Connect, email Arts Degree Advising at ArtsDegreeAdvising@kpu.ca
Note: For success in using Advisor Connect, please use Mozilla Firefox. If you are booking an appointment using your mobile, once you log in to Advisor Connect, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the mobile version on the left.
- Log in to Advisor Connect using your KPU student ID and password.
- To schedule an appointment, click the "Search Availability" button under the Student Options menu on the left.
- Select the appropriate advisors for your concerns from the drop-down menu.
- Select the LOCATION (campus) for your advising appointment.
- Modify the search options (e.g. dates, times, days, etc.).
- Click the "Search" button.
- Click on the available time displayed on the right for when you would like your appointment (scroll to the right to find more available appointment times).
- Choose a REASON for your advising appointment.
- Add any NOTES that will assist your Academic Advisor and click SAVE. Please do not leave this field blank.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your KPU email in-box (If you activated your text messaging option from the main menu, you will also receive a text message regarding your appointment).
Preparing for an Appointment
- Make sure you have read and understood all related information such as calendar descriptions of program requirements, your MAP audit, or other KPU websites.
- Write down your questions or concerns ahead of time.
- If needed, bring all related documentation (such as test results, transfer credit evaluations, or KPU correspondences) or forms (program declaration, course substitution) to be discussed with an advisor.
Cancelling an Appointment
- Log in to Advisor Connect using your KPU user name (student ID) and password
- All of your upcoming appointments will be listed on the left under your calendar
- To cancel the appointment, click the X next to the appointment (at the end)
- Enter your reason for cancelling the appointment (optional) and click the "Confirm Cancellation" button
- To make a new appointment, follow the above steps on making an appointment, starting with step 2