What do you do?

While Central Advising is ideal for new students, the Faculty of Arts is the largest Faculty at KPU and we at Arts Degree Advising specialize in guiding students through all your options in Arts.

We are available to answer questions on the following topics:

  • Course planning and selection
  • Major and minor choices
  • Program Declarations
  • Course prerequisites
  • Program & graduation requirements
  • Academic regulations and policies
  • Educational planning for career goals

Why should I come see you?

Arts Degree Advising specializes in guiding students through all your bachelor degree options in Arts.

Undeclared students with fewer than 45 credits should book an appointment with Central Advising or International Student Advising. 

If you are completing an Associate of Arts (AA) degree, or an Arts Diploma, come to us with your questions about continuing onto Years 3 and 4.

If you are a transfer student intending to complete a Bachelor's degree within the Faculty of Arts, come make sure that you have everything that you need.

Where do I go to start looking for information myself?

For information on Degree programs, course descriptions, and prerequisites: KPU University Calendar

To see which courses are being offered this semester, as well as dates and times: Registration Application

Forms and documents for download, including Transfer Credit, Admissions, and Registration: Student Enrolment Services

Browse through Departments, find out about upcoming Event and Information Sessions: KPU Faculty of Arts

What if I still need to upgrade?

Are you a student looking to enroll in an Arts program but need to upgrade my writing, science or math skills?

KPU Academic & Career Preparation can help!

Visit kpu.ca/aca/els for information about improving your English and kpu.ca/aca/acp for information about upgrading your math, science or writing skills.


Electives: What are they, how many do I need, and how do I choose them?

Remote video URL

BA in General Studies: What does "General Studies" mean and how can I choose what to take as part of it?

Remote video URL