- As you plan your degree, consider applying to the Psychology Honours Program, especially if you are thinking of graduate school or work involving research.
- The Honours program gives students a chance to develop and report on a research project under the supervision of a faculty member within the Psychology Department.
- By your 2nd year you should take PSYC 2300 Applied Statistics and PSYC 2400 Research Methods in Psychology I.
- By your 3rd year you should complete both prerequisites, PSYC 3300 Applied Statistics II and PSYC 3400 Applied Research I. At this time, you can begin chatting with potential advisors.
- Students taking the Honours program are required to complete two 6 credit honours courses, which can be completed within the credits required for your Psychology degree.
- Students need to apply to the Honours program in the Spring of the year they intend to begin the program. The Honours program begins in the Fall.
- Psychology Honours application
- In order to fill out this application you need to identify a potential thesis supervisor and discuss your prospective honours project with this potential thesis supervisor.
- You can find a list of interested faculty on the Psychology Honours site.
- To be eligible for the Honours program students must achieve and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 and obtain a 'B+' grade in both PSYC 3300 Applied Statistics II and PSYC 3400 Applied Research I.
- Applicants are ineligible if they have graduated or have applied for graduation prior to the Honours program. Applicants must be continuing their studies at KPU to be eligible for the Honours program.
- Admission to the Honours program is competitive. Applications will be reviewed by the Psychology Honours Committee and applicants will be notified in May whether they are accepted into the program for the Fall semester.
- Please feel free to reach out to the following contacts for course and degree planning
- Psychology Degree Coordinator: Please email Dr. Jocelyn Lymburner <Jocelyn.Lymburner@kpu.ca> for Psychology specific questions.
- Arts Degree Advisors: Please contact Arts Degree Advising for Faculty of Arts specific questions.
- Please see the links below for the Honours course requirements:
- Remember, to be eligible for the Honours program students must achieve and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3 and obtain a 'B+' grade in both PSYC 3300 Applied Statistics II and PSYC 3400 Applied Research I.
Future Course Offerings
- Future Course Offerings
- Check the calendar requirements and then check these future course offerings.
- Please note:
- PSYC 2300 Applied Statistics, and PSYC 2400 Research Methods in Psychology I, are offered every semester Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- PSYC 3300 Applied Statistics II is typically only offered every Fall semester.
- PSYC 3400 Applied Research I is typically only offered every Spring semester.
- Please feel free to contact Mary Illical, Psychology Administrative Assistant, to confirm course offerings at email@example.com
While you plan, please also check out the research opportunities for which you can apply. Many psychology faculty members have ongoing research projects and a number of them run active research labs. Please feel free to contact them:
If you have questions or comments please email Mary Illical, Psychology Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org