How can I find CPS courses?

1. Click on Upcoming Courses through the CPS Home Page. Find the Faculty or Department and click on the course that you’re interested in. This will take you to the details of the course; course description, course fees etc. Click the ‘Register’ button on the page to register for the course.

2. Click on the catalogue tab
There are two options to find courses through the web catalogue:

  • a) Scroll to the top of the web catalogue page. Courses are listed by Campus or by Faculty. Select the course you’re interested in.
  • b) Use the search function in the top right corner and enter the course name or part of the course name

I’m new to KPU. How do I register?

Click the Catalogue tab from the CPS Home Page.
Scroll to the top of the page and find your course from the course list.

Select “Click here to register” button to register for the course.

Click the “shopping cart” button and proceed to checkout.


This will take you to the Create Account page the where you’ll be asked to Create a New Account or Sign In.


  • If you are a KPU student but have not taken CPS courses in the past or since January, 2021, create a new account by entering your first & last name and email address, read the data privacy policy, select the check box and click the New Account button.
  • If you are a new CPS student, create a new account by entering your first & last name and email address, read the data privacy policy, select the check box and click the New Account button.
  • If you are a returning CPS student and have already created an account, click the Sign In button.

Complete all required fields to create your account.

Hint: Remember your Username, Password and security questions as you may need these while you wait for your 9-digit KPU ID, which is typically emailed within 1-2 business days.

Next step is Payment. Check the Terms and Conditions box and click Next.

Hint: Only Visa & Mastercard are accepted for payment.

I’ve just registered so when should I receive my 9-digit KPU student ID??

If you are a first time KPU student and have registered, a 9-digit KPU student ID will be emailed within 1-2 business days.  Use your 9-digit KPU student ID to access all KPU services.

How do I access my account??

Log in is through the  Student Gateway

cps faq

The company I work for is sponsoring me. How do I register?

Your Sponsoring Organization needs to submit a sponsorship letter ( Template.pdf, Requirements.pdf) to the CPS office prior to your registration. These forms are available under the Register Now tab. CPS will provide further instructions after the sponsorship letter has been processed.
Note: CPS courses are non-refundable and non-transferable as per our policies.

My sponsoring organization has provided CPS with a sponsorship letter. What is your usual response time?

Sponsorship letters received will be processed within three business days.

I was a KPU student a while ago. Can I register for CPS courses with my current KPU student ID?

To register for CPS courses, you will need to create a new Elevate account. Elevate is the registration system used for CPS courses. 

  • If you are a KPU student and do not have an Elevate account: Create a new account by entering your First Name, Last Name & Email Address and click the “New Account” button.
  • If you are a current KPU student and already have an Elevate account: Log in by clicking the “Sign In” button and enter your KPU ID Number.

Can I create a KPU account while waiting for upcoming registration or should I only create the account when the course is open for registration?

There is no advantage of creating an account prior to a course being open for registration.

Why am I not able to register and pay for the course?

There can be several reasons why you are unable to register or pay for a course:
If the course is full you won’t be able to proceed with the payment

If the course is closed for registration, either because the class is full or the registration deadline has passed.

The system isn’t accepting your credit card 

  • we accept Visa or Mastercard only
  •  the credit card limit has been reached
  •  your card will soon be reaching an expiration date or has expired
  • there could be an issue with your bank
  • you have a hold on your bank account or your KPU account
  • there is a technical issue with the system, in which case you will need to try again at a later time

I’ve just registered for a course, and am waiting for my 9-digit KPU student ID to log in to my student account, but I need to register for another course now. What should I do?

You need to wait for 1 – 2 business days for your 9-digit KPU student ID.  If you can’t wait then contact us to discuss your options.  cps@kpu.ca or 604-599-2020.

I have just registered for a course but don’t see my online course materials. How do I access my online course?

Online courses are accessed through a platform called Moodle.  Go to https://continue.moodle.kpu.ca to access your online course. You will be required to use your 9-digit KPU student ID to login.
Note: It can take up to 3 business days after you registered to have access to the online course site. 
Note: Online courses are opened a day or two prior to the course start date.

I have a problem with login in my Moodle online account. What should I do?

If you have any issues with logging to your Moodle account, please reach out to KPU IT Service Desk by:

  • By Phone 604-599-2116
  • Online via the self-service portal
  • By email: servicedesk@kpu.ca
  • On the Surrey campus, you can stop by the IT Desk on the 1st floor of the library across from the reference desk
  • After hours emergency, call 604-599-2116 and press the appropriate option to leave an urgent message.

Here is the URL for Moodle FAQs.

I’ve registered for the course. Will I receive any confirmation of my enrollment?

When you registered you should have received a confirmation e-mail from CPS (cps.noreply@kpu.ca).  Check your junk or spam folder if you did not receive an email.

I tried to register but my course is full. Can you put me on a wait list?

CPS courses do not have a wait listing option. Courses are first-come-first-served.

I’ve registered for the course. How do I get my receipt?

A receipt will be emailed to you from the payment provider Touchnet. Please check your email’s junk or spam folder if you do not see the receipt email.  You can also login to your account through the Student Gateway to see your financial details.

I don’t remember my student number or password?

If you don’t remember your student number, contact the CPS office at cps@kpu.ca or 604-599-2020.

To reset/change your password, go to the Student Gateway Account Password Reset.Change process.pdf

I am having problems registering or accessing my course; what should I do?

Email cps@kpu.ca  if you encounter a problem and provide a screen print of the error. Be sure to provide details about your issue.  We will help troubleshoot the issue.

I have registered for a course but need to withdraw from the course. What is the refund policy?

CPS courses are 100% non-refundable or transferable after registration, as per CPS Refund Policy
Contact CPS cps@kpu.ca if you want to withdrawal from the course without a refund.

What course materials are required?  How much time should I anticipate spending on a course?   What grading is used for these courses and what will I get when I finish?

Once your registration is confirmed and the course starts, you will have access to the instructor recommended course materials and information on assignments and learning outcomes.

If you are enrolled in an online course, the material will be available on your dashboard via https://courses.kpu.ca, closer to the start date of the course.

For course specific questions, contact the faculty course coordinators:

How do I get a T2202 Form?

Only CPS courses that were held for a minimum of three consecutive weeks and for a minimum of 10 hours per course are eligible for a T2202.  
For information on T2202 forms visit: https://www.kpu.ca/registration/tax.  2021 tax receipts available through the Online Self Service student account.

Can I get a Statement of Completion?

Not all courses provide a Statement of Completion.  Contact the relevant department to request a Statement of Completion.

How do I request a Transcript?

Information about requesting transcripts is available at: https://www.kpu.ca/records/transcripts.  
Please use Online Self Service to get your unofficial transcript first. Please note, if you are not able to download an unofficial transcript, The Registrar’s Office won’t be able to provide you with an official one.