The Open Education Working Group (OEWG) brings together key stakeholders from across the institution to provide advice and support for KPU’s open education initiatives, which include the creation, adaptation, and adoption of open educational resources, the development of Zed Cred programs, and the embrace of innovative open pedagogies.
Specific goals of the OEWG include (but are not limited to):
- Raising awareness about open educational resources (OER)
- Making OER more discoverable
- Providing opportunities for training with OER creation, adaptation, and adoption
- Providing opportunities for training with open pedagogy
- Organizing campus-wide events during Open Education and Open Access weeks
- Planning and developing Zed Cred programs
- Marketing and communicating KPU’s open education initiatives, both internally and externally
- Applying for internal and external grants to support KPU’s open education initiatives
- Encouraging research on open educational practices
- Developing policies, procedures, and practices in support of OER adoption and the Zed Cred initiative
In addition, the OEWG serves as the adjudication committee for OER grants.
- Associate Vice Provost, Open Education : Rajiv Jhangiani
- Dean: Diane Purvey
- Vice-Provost, Teaching & Learning : Stephanie Chu
- University Librarian : Todd Mundle
- Faculty (2-3, from different program areas)
- Melissa Ashman, School of Business (2018-2020)
- Chris Traynor, Faculty of Academic & Career Advancement (2018-2020)
- Rebecca Yoshizawa, Faculty of Arts (2019-2021)
- Manager, Learning Technologies & Educational Media : Leeann Waddington
- Scholarly Communications Librarian: Karen Meijer-Kline
- Systems Librarian : Caroline Daniels
- Bookstore Manager : Kathryn Wood
- Kwantlen Student Association representative : Sarah Strachan
Other members of the KPU community are welcome to participate as members at large.
- Committee members who are faculty will normally be expected to serve for a two-year period. Appointments are renewable.
- Resources and administrative support will be provided by KPU Open Education.
- The Committee will meet in-person at least once per semester. If a committee member cannot attend an in-person meeting, a delegate may attend on the member’s behalf. The committee is ongoing.
- A majority of committee members present at the meeting is required to pass a motion. A quorum will comprise six members.
Minutes of previous meetings
Fall 2019 OEWG meeting minutes