It is your responsibility to ensure your registration status is correct by reviewing your schedule to confirm that your registration activity was successful. Unless you have officially dropped or withdrawn from courses, you are considered fully registered, will be charged for the course, and will be assigned a grade. Visit the Registration Guide for more information about Dates & Deadlines and Dropping and Withdrawing. If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Students are not permitted to attend classes until they have formally registered for that particular course, section and campus.
All students at KPU, regardless of country of origin or citizenship status, must be able to undertake studies in the English language. Competence in the English language is required for listening, reading, speaking and writing. Most courses offered are reading and writing intensive. Before registering for courses, students may wish to have their English language skills assessed by KPU.
KPU expects every student who receives services for which a financial obligation is incurred, to meet that obligation. Designated KPU employees are empowered to act in accordance with established procedures to carry out the intent of this policy and, if necessary, to initiate action to ensure that collection matters are brought to a timely and satisfactory conclusion. Admission to or registration with KPU, issuing of official transcripts, and issuing of credentials may be withheld for failure to meet financial or other obligations to the University.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation prevents staff from releasing any information about a student’s record or registration to anyone other than the student. We must, therefore, deal directly with the student on any enquiries, transactions or appeals and require students to provide picture identification for all services.
If, for any reason, you need a parent or other person to act on your behalf, and wish to give them full authority to do so, you must provide KPU with a written release authorizing KPU to provide information to that person.
A written release should specifically include:
- The type of information you want KPU to provide for you (e.g. Spring registration and fees only, or information about your complete record)
- Transactions you authorize the person to initiate on your behalf (e.g. adding or dropping courses, changing sections)
- First and last name of the person you are authorizing to act on your behalf
- Your full name and KPU student number
- How long the authorization is valid (e.g. one time only, etc.)
- If anyone acts on your behalf, actions taken will affect your academic and financial records, and you will be fully responsible for those actions. Therefore, always confirm your registration and check your timetable before fee payment deadlines and prior to the end of registration.
Any unauthorized use of the registration system will be considered a violation of the Student Conduct Policy (ST7) and subject to the penalties described therein. Unauthorized use includes:
- Repeated attempts to access the system by illegitimate means
- Registering into courses with the intention to hold seat(s) for other students
- Altering the registration records of another student without that student’s permission
- Any other use of the system that jeopardizes the integrity of the system or the records of other students.
Your student number and personal identification number (PIN) are used to gain access to your Online Self-Service account and all KPU online systems. Both of these numbers should be kept confidential so that no unauthorized person can gain access to your student records.