Application deadline: April 1, 2014
Details: Our partner university in Switzerland (University of Applied Sciences of Northwestern Switzerland) is offering a great summer program for KPU Business students. As a KPU student, you can receive a special rate for this program if you apply through KPU. In addition to Business classes, an attractive program will make this experience an unforgettable experience. The program features a guided tour of Basel as well as Swiss National day celebrations with fireworks and a special Swiss National day dinner; it includes day field trips to different companies and excursions to cultural and historical sites in the city and beyond.
Schedule: 2 weeks; Sunday, 27 July till Saturday, 9 August 2014
Cost: The program fee for KPU students is only 400 Swiss Francs for excursions and cultural events and 600 Swiss Francs for on campus accommodation (approx. 1080 CND). Flights to and from Basel, health insurance, visa costs, main meals, additional individual sightseeing trips, personal expenses, and tuition and fees (3 credits) are not included in the 1000 Swiss Francs.
Special Announcement: KPU's Office of International Students and Scholars and the Melville School of Business have partnered to offer a limited number of scholarships to Business students to participate in this program. This scholarship totals $1000 CND towards your program fee, accommodations, excursions, and cultural events.
Classes Offered: The Summer School is a two-week seminar which is taught in English by internationally experienced lecturers. The courses build on at least two years of business studies; they are academically challenging with a strong applied management focus. Interaction between students and lecturers is highly encouraged. Lecturers are experts in their fields and experienced practitioners. Upon completion credits are awarded for:
- Adaptation of the preparation literature.
- Writing two short briefing papers on questions set by the lecturers based on the preparatory literature.
- Participation in the Summer School (contact hours, company visits, cultural and social activities).
- Review essay at the end of the two weeks (2 hours).
On successful completion of the programme participants will receive an official Transcript of Records featuring the ECTS credits achieved which will be assessed and transferred back to KPU.
For more information, visit FHNW's Melville School of Business website.
- Print the application documents requested on the summer school page here.
- Write an additional statement of interest (500-750) outlining how this program fits into your personal, academic, and career goals.
- Return the application form and statement of interest to KPU International by April 1. 2014.
All documents must be received by KPU International by April 1, 2014.