Our partner university in The Netherlands, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, is offering a great summer program for KPU students. As a KPU student, you can receive a special rate for this program if you apply through KPU. In addition to being able to take business classes abroad and learn more about leadership in the EU, this program also includes a two day excursion to the European Union institutions in Brussels to help better understand the workings of the EU institutions and to give you a chance to interact with European policy makers.
- A two day excursion to Brussels, where participants visit the European Commission and the European Parliament
- Visits to institutions in Amsterdam such as the Dutch Central Bank and the Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Unique insight into Dutch everyday life through meeting Dutch students inside and outside of class
- Intercultural study with participants from all over the world
- Social events such as drinks and get-togethers
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
July 1st to July 12th, 2019.
*We are pleased to announce that there are a limited number of tuition-free seats available for KPU students, waiving the €900 tuition from the program fee. As a result, the program fee for KPU students is only €250 for the excursion to Brussels with hotel and travel, plus €385-425 for accommodation, totaling either €635 or €675, depending on your choice of accommodation. These costs do not include flights, health insurance, visa costs, meal and personal expenses, or any independent travel.
** Accommodation is not included in the Program Fee. For accommodations you can choose from the following:
- A private room arranged by the AUAS - € 425.00
- A dorm style room arranged by the AUAS - € 385.00
(Please keep in mind that when using the AUAS Summer School housing arrangement, the arrival date is 2pm on Friday 28 June 2019)
- An arrangement of your own
If you choose to arrange your own room these links may be useful:
- shelter.nl (Christian hostel)
Scholarship opportunities to help students pay for the Summer School is available.
Click here for information on scholarships and other financial assistance options.
KPU students will receive 3 credits for ECON 2XXX (3)
All courses are taught in English by two renowned lecturers from Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, Prof. Paul M. Feenstra and Prof. Michel C.J. Knoppel. The summer school is a two-week program intended for students in a bachelor's or master's degree program, or a professional who is already working. This summer course focuses on European financial markets, institutions, and their economic decisions by looking at the policy measures taken and their effect on financial markets and the broader economy.
For more detailed course information, please click here.
Ready to Apply?
Apply to join us at the Amsterdam Summer School in three easy steps:
Please create an account here, be sure to have your passport ready when you fill out your application. For detailed instructions on how to create your account and fill out the application please click
- Write an additional statement of interest (500-750 words) outlining how this program fits into your personal, academic, and career goals.
- Submit the application form online to AUAS, and send your statement of interest to email@example.com by May 1st, 2019 for students who need housing, or June 1st, 2019 for students who want to find their own accommodation.
Deadline for application with a guarantee on housing: May 1st, 2019
Deadline for application without a guarantee on housing: June 1st, 2019