Summer School 2024 Open now. Email if you are interested INTERNATIONALPROGRAMS@KPU.CA
The Journey to Industry 4.0 - From Operational Excellence to Advanced Manufacturing and Smart Supply Chains
Our partner university in Germany, the University of Applied Sciences in Munich, is offering a great summer program for KPU Business students. As a KPU student, you can receive a special rate for this program if you apply through KPU. Since we are exchange partners, a tuition waiver for 2 nominated KPU students is available. In addition to being able to take business classes abroad and go on company visits around Munich and 4 different parts of southern Germany, the experience also includes an exciting cultural program that will make your stay an unforgettable experience.
- Guided tour of Munich by bike and a visit to a traditional Munich beer garden
- Visits to nearby cities like Salzburg, Regensburg or Nuremberg
- Unique insight into German everyday life through meeting German students inside and outside of class
- Intercultural study with participants from all over the world
- Social events such as receptions and get-togethers
Potential Company Visits, Among Others
START: July 15th, 2024
END: July 26th, 2024
|Domestic Student (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
Program fee: €1695 (this covers tuition for all courses, company visits incl. transfers, the official cultural and social program, free internet access at the university and a welcome package)
*A reduced program fee is available for €795 to 2 accepted KPU students.
Accommodation: €650–950 (depending on the chosen category)
The following room categories are available for Munich:
- Double bedrooms at A&O Hostel: €462 / person for 10 nights (Prices subject to change)
- Single bedrooms at A&O Hostel: €725 / person for 10 nights (Prices subject to change)
- Single bedrooms at IBIS Budget: €495 / person for 10 nights (Prices subject to change)
In addition to the accommodation costs in Munich, there will be accommodation for three nights in hotels along the bus tour, which applicants will be updated with in late March.
* The program fee includes the €900 tuition fees. Three reduced fee places are available for accepted KPU students to this program at a rate of 795 Euros instead of 1695 Euros.
** Participants will be accommodated close to the university campus in studios with their own kitchen and bathroom. Breakfast is not included. The accommodation is located in a quiet and safe neighbourhood. Amenities and shops are within walking distance. For information on accommodation please visit here.
Click here for information on scholarships and other financial assistance options. A $500 scholarship is available to accepted Melville School of Business students to help with the program. Scholarship applications are due at the same time as the application to the program.
KPU students will receive 3 credits for BUSI2XXX
All courses are taught in English by teams of two renowned lecturers from Munich University of Applied Sciences, Prof. Andre Krischke and Prof. Jürgen Spitznagel. The summer school is a two-week program intended for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students. Upon successful completion of the program.
- Future Supply Chain Management
- Digital Operational Excellence
- Industry 4.0
See the image below for the program schedule:
Ready to Apply?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and have any questions.
- Accepted students will first need to be nominated and will then need to complete an application to the University by their deadline of March 19, 2024.
All documents must be received to KPU Study Abroad by February 27th, 2024
KPU Study Abroad
Sarah Burn (Study Abroad Coordinator) email@example.com
Photos & Testimonials from Past Participants
"I started this program with a limited amount of knowledge about supply chain management or the German culture, and I can confidently say that I learned a much greater amount than I initially expected. Being an accounting student and not having much experience in the operations and productions field, the program was a smooth way to transition into learning about the topic. I especially enjoyed the workshops and the company visits, as they were engaging and interesting. My classmates were also very friendly and the professors were very accommodating, even with the cultural differences and individual personalities we all had. I am thankful for the way that each one of them has made the two-week program a fun learning environment.
After finishing the two-week program, I definitely started pondering about studying abroad for a more extended period of time – maybe even at the Munich University of Applied Sciences – and gaining another degree aside from my Accounting Bachelors! I even miss the pretzels and the snitchzels, and the efficiency of U-bahns and trams. Until next time…"
-Faith, Program Participant from KPU, 2014