Email if you are interested INTERNATIONALPROGRAMS@KPU.CA
Global Competitiveness, Innovation and International Migration
During the summer semester, our partner university in Switzerland, the University of Applied Sciences of Northwestern Switzerland, is offering a great two-week summer school program for Swiss and International Business students. As a KPU student, you can receive a special rate for this program if you apply through KPU. In addition to Business classes, an attractive visitor program will make this experience unforgettable. This program features a guided tour of Basel as well as excursions to cultural and historical sites in the city and beyond. It also includes field trips to different Swiss companies. Click here to learn more.
- Gain insight into models, methods, and theories in the field of competitiveness, innovation, international immigration and sustainability.
- can hone their ideas with university lecturers and practitioners.
- foster international collaboration and communication by successfully working in intercultural teams.
- read a selection of scientific articles from research journals as a foundation for the classes.
It also includes field trips to different Swiss companies. Company visits provide students with first-hand experience related to the theory discussed in the classroom.
Competitiveness, Innovation, International immigration and, Sustainability in a classroom setting. The modules include preparation literature, contact hours, self-study time, company visits, and cultural and social activities.
ARRIVAL: Before the program starts
PROGRAM: 29 July - 9 August 2024
DEPARTURE: 7 August 2024
|Domestic Student (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
*We are pleased to announce that there are a limited number of tuition-free seats available for KPU business students, waiving the 950 Swiss Francs tuition. As a result, the program fee for KPU students is only 400 Swiss Francs for excursions/cultural events, plus 600 Swiss Francs for on-campus accommodation, totaling 1000 Swiss Francs. These costs do not include flights, health insurance, visa costs, meal and personal expenses, or any independent travel.
**The accommodation fee includes an overnight stay in a 2 or 3-bed studio (incl. own kitchen and bathroom, no air-conditioner) or a similar accommodation and taxes.
Scholarship opportunities to help students pay for Summer School are available.
1. Click here for information on scholarships and other financial assistance options offered by KPU.
2. Funding is also available from the Swiss Government through "Think Swiss" for Canadian citizens click here for more information.
KPU students will receive 3 credits for BUSI 2490.
The Summer School is a two-week seminar which is taught in English by internationally experienced lecturers. The courses build on at least two years of business studies. They are academically challenging with a strong applied management focus. The interaction between students and lecturers is highly encouraged. Lecturers are experts in their fields and experienced practitioners. Upon completion, credits are awarded for:
- Adaptation of the preparation literature.
- A composition of two short briefing papers on questions set by the lecturers based on the preparatory literature.
- Participation in the Summer School (contact hours, company visits, cultural and social activities).
- Essay revision at the end of the two weeks (2 hours).
- Check the tentative programmes list here
Ready to Apply?
- Email email@example.com if you are interested and have any questions. Accepted students will be nominated and will then need to complete an application to BSWISS by April 9th, 2024.
- Unofficial transcript. Go here here for a YouTube tutorial on how to find and save your KPU transcript as a pdf.
- Complete this KPU Study Abroad Short Term Programs Application
- Have 1 Faculty Reference Form completed by a professor. Kindly ask your professor to email the reference before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying for scholarships please have 2 reference forms submitted
All documents must be received digitally via email to KPU Study Abroad by April 9th, 2024
KPU Study Abroad
Sarah Burn (Study Abroad Coordinator)
Photos & Testimonials from Past Participants
“This experience has taught me so much about the value of networking and developing serious relationships with others, it also taught me the importance of learning about different places and culture as well as the importance of exploring and traveling to unfamiliar destinations...I have developed plenty of knowledge around business in Switzerland, specifically their economy and their definitions of success." - Mina Bachelor of Entrepreneurial Leadership. Canadian student with ThinkSwiss Scholarship. Summer 2023.
Click the following document to read a testimonial from a KPU business student who attended the 2016 program: FHNW Summer School 2016 Testimonial.pdf
Partner University Promotional Video