Course Web Sites
Course websites can be accessed found on your ONE.KPU page.
Algebra Help book
Algebra Help Book A brief review of basic and intermediate algebra
OER PreCalculus Text
Check with your instructor; most MATH 1112 sections will be using this “MATH 1112 Textbook”.
Maple FAQ: An online document identifying some problems you may run into while using Maple whose solutions are not easy to find in Maple's help pages.
Visit here for more info.
Sample finals are available on the Kwantlen library website. On the library website, click on "Reserves" on the left, type in "Math Instructor," search by instructor, and select the desired course. Each campus library has the same set of sample final exams. Click on either button, and each "URL" is a sample final exam. Note that the sample finals are intended to give you an idea of what types of questions might be asked. The actual final exam may differ markedly from the samples.
Math News and Online Magazines
- The Canadian Mathematical Society web site has news items, upcoming events and sections for university students and for job seekers.
- The Mathematical Association of America has math news items on its main webpage.
- The American Mathematical Society has a page summarizing mathematics in the media.
- Plus magazine is a general interest magazine for mathematics from Britain.
- Pi in the Sky is a magazine for high school students (though of interest to others) published by the Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Science Magazine occasionally has mathematics articles.
- The largest known prime was discovered on December 7th, 2018: Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
- The Bridges Organization for the Mathematics and the Arts
Math Online Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- The University of St. Andrews hosts the MacTutor History of Mathematics website. It is quite complete and informative.
- Wolfram Research, the publishers of Mathematica, have a fairly complete Math Encyclopedia.
Only for Kwantlen Mathematics Department faculty. Login as you do for your office PC.