Skip to main content

You are here

Borrowing from Other Academic Institutions

Borrowing from Other Academic Institutions

Who is Eligible?

Students and employees from institutions within B.C. and across Canada may obtain a free Community Borrower card from the KPU library.  Procedures are here.  KPU students, employees and retired employees may obtain a Community Borrower/Extramural Library Card from other institutions.


Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements

KPU participates in two reciprocal borrowing agreements for patrons:

  • CPSLD Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements for B.C. Institutions. Check the website for participants:
  • COPPUL, through the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA) for Canadian Institutions. Check the website for participates: of which COPPUL is a member.


How to Obtain a Reciprocal Borrowing Card from a Participating Institution

A COPPUL or CPSLD card is required to obtain a borrowing card with the participating libraries. COPPUL and CPSLD cards are valid for 1 year for employees and for students they are valid for as long as your KPU card is valid.

  • Come to any campus library Service Counter, present your KPU Card or Lifetime Borrower card and ask for a COPPUL and CPSLD card.
  • Present your COPPUL and CPSLD card at the participating institution and ask for a Community Borrower/Extramural card.
  • Have your KPU Card and another piece of government issued photo identification with you.


What to Expect at Other Institutions

Borrowing privileges depend on the policies of the institution.

  • Generally, only books may be borrowed.
  • Remote access to the institution's research databases, ebooks and ejournals are typically not permitted do to licensing with database vendors.
Chat loading...