Requests | Library
Request books, journals & DVDs by placing a hold.
Available items will be ready for pickup at your campus in 1-3 days. A pickup notice will go to your KPU email and we'll keep your items for you for 1 week.
- Search for the item in the Library Catalogue.
- Click on the Place Hold link in the right column.
- At the Login window, choose the appropriate login type. Students/Employees who are already logged into OneKPU will not be prompted to login again.
- Once you are logged in, click Place Hold again.
- Fill in the form. For journals, click the check box for the issue you want.
How many holds are there ahead of you? Click on the title to see how many holds are on the title.
See it in action! Watch the Video on Placing Holds.
Ask the Librarian at the Research Desk if the book can be sent to your campus. High demand books might not be sent.
Go to My Library Account then click on Review My Account to:
- See a list of your holds & your position in the queue.
- Cancel your hold.
- Change the pickup Library.
You will receive two notices: one by email, followed by a text message if you have initiated the text notification service.
KPU Library patrons have the option to receive overdue, bill and hold pick up notices via text in addition to receiving them automatically by email.
Our text messaging option is available thru the following cell phone providers:
To set up Text Notifications:
- Login to My Library Account.
- On the Personal Information tab click on Text Notifications.
- Click on Add Text Notification.
- In the Personal or Work Cell field specify the type of cell number.
- Enter your cell number in the Phone Number field.
- Leave the Country Code set to Canada.
- Check the boxes for the types of notices you would like to receive via text.
- Click on Save.
Please note if a cardholder opts in to receiving SMS (text) messages regarding their Library account, the cardholder is aware that messages and data rates may apply and their phone number and KPU Library SMS message content will be disclosed and stored temporarily outside Canada. For more information on how the Library collects and manages your personal information, please see https://www.kpu.ca/library/personal-information.
- You will not be able to renew it; if it is overdue for more than a week, a LOST bill for the replacement cost of the item will be added to your account.