Search and Locate Items in our Library Collections
- Search Everything: Use Summon to find books, e-books, videos and journal articles.
Help Searching Summon
- Find books, ebooks and video/DVDs: Use our Catalogue to find books, videos and reserve material listings. You can renew material from home once you are in our catalogue.
Guide for Ebooks at KPU Library | Searching for eBooks | Films (DVDs & Streaming Videos)
- Find Articles: We have over 100 Research Databases—many contain full text articles. No full text articles? No problem. Try the Where Can I Get This? link in the item record. When you click on this link, the computer performs a search to see if the article is available in print at Kwantlen or online through any of our other databases. Kwantlen students and employees can access our indexes from home.
Remote Access Help Sheet | Help Finding Articles | Scholarly vs Popular
- Find Journal Titles: Search for journal locations by using our Journal Titles Database.
- Still can't find the book or journal article you want? We can probably get it from another University for you. Use our Interlibrary Loan Service or ask at an reference desk for more information!
- Search KORA - the KPU Digital Repository.
- Search the KPU Archives.
Call Numbers Demystified
Once you have searched the catalogue and found an item you want, there are two pieces of information you need to know to retrieve it:
- The Location: This will tell you which campus has the item, or if it is available full text online. Most items can be transferred to another campus through the "Place Hold" or "I Need Material" links.
- The "Call Number": Most items in the Library Catalogue are assigned a Library of Congress call number which is a combination of letters and numbers representing a subject. In our book collection you will find this call number on the spine of each book. You will always find related books shelved together so understanding call numbers can help you find many resources on the shelves.
KPU Library develops and maintains a collection that:
- Supports the learning and research activity of KPU's students, faculty, instructors and staff
- Develops critical thinking, lifelong learning, and interdisciplinary skills and values
- Provides access to different formats, and
- Supports the principles of intellectual freedom, diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
KPU currently accepts donations. Please read Donations of Books & Materials at KPU Library for full details.
Suggest a Purchase
If you would like to suggest a title or resource to add to the KPU Library collection, please fill out this form.