Laptops borrowed during Fall 2021 are due back by December 16, 2021.
The Student Laptop Loan Program from KPU Library loans laptops to current KPU students. They are loaned on a semester basis, which means you can borrow it until the end of semester. Laptops are available for local pick-up only.
How to request and borrow a laptop
- Make sure you have your KPU Card and updated, local contact information in Online Self-Service.
- Submit a request using the Laptop Request Form.
- Wait for an email from KPU Library. We will let you know if your request is successful and send you information on how to pick up your laptop.
- Pick up the laptop from the Equipment & Media Services Counter at the library with your KPU Card.
Each semester, we open our Laptop Request Form at the beginning of the semester. Once you submit the form, you will be placed in line to receive a laptop. They are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email if your request is successful, with instructions on how to pick it up. You will need to present your KPU Card to pick up the laptop. We will perform a check to make sure the laptop is in working order before signing it out to you.
In order to place a request for a laptop, you must have:
- A valid KPU card barcode number. This is a number on your physical KPU Card below the barcode, not your student number. If you do not have KPU Card, arrange to have it created so you have it ready. KPU Card creation can take a few days, so plan ahead! Visit The KPU Card to apply for your card.
- Current, local contact information in Online Self-Service (accessible from one.kpu.ca, search 'oss').
This service is available to current KPU Students who are registered for classes.
How to return a laptop
Please return the laptop to a staff person at the Equipment & Media Service Counter in our libraries during our hours of operation. Please do not return laptops or equipment in our book drops or external return bins.
When you return your laptop, we will perform a preliminary check on the laptop before you leave. A more detailed check will be conducted by one of our AV Technicians later on, and we will contact you if there are any issues!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the form not working?
Once we reach the maximum amount of requests, the form is closed. We reopen the form when laptops become available.
What can I do if I don’t get a laptop?
You can check back to see if the Laptop Request Form is open. If it is open it means there is a laptop available. We would only have another laptop available if another user returns it early.
We have a select number of laptops available for weekly loan. Visit any campus library and inquire at the Equipment & Media Services Counter.
Can I renew my laptop for another semester?
Unfortunately no! You have to return the laptop by the due due date. You have to submit a new request for each semester.
Can I install my own software on the laptop?
Yes, on the semester-loan laptops, but not our weekly-loan laptops.