Kwantlen Polytechnic University Library provides Express Stations to the Kwantlen community to use for activities related to student registration, study, research, and teaching. These activities must be conducted according to practices ensuring that the rights of all users are protected.
Express stations are located at each campus library.
The Express Stations automatically reboot every 30 minutes and any unsaved work will be lost. In order to provide the best service to our communities, there is a 30 minute limit for research at these stations by non-Kwantlen students or employees. Guest users must be logged on to the computer by a library employee.
Appropriate Activities at Express Stations include:
- Registering for further courses or study at Kwantlen.
- Searching library catalogues, databases, and indexes.
- Capturing search results to USB, printer or email.
- Searching the internet for study, research, and teaching.
- Using email and web 2.0 technologies when related to Kwantlen study, research, and teaching.
- Using application software provided by the Library including mechanisms provided on the Kwantlen web site.
Kwantlen Library is committed to providing an inviting, accessible, and safe environment for all of its users. Users of our Express Stations that perform activities outside of those listed above may be asked to leave the computer station area.
Any use of the express stations must comply with the following Kwantlen Polytechnic University policies including the Information and Education Technology Use Policy.