June 21-July 14, 2022
Are you an Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) student at KPU? Join a 4-week virtual international learning exchange between Indigenous students at KPU and Edith Cowan University (ECU), Australia.
Be part of a cohort in 1-hour synchronous virtual sessions and hear from Elders, scholars, and other Indigenous students at KPU and on the other side of the globe. This non-credit program will be enriched by peer-to-peer engagement, which explores the similarities and differences between First Nations People in Australia and Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, Métis) in Canada. KPU students are eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship that can go towards their tuition at KPU.
Go global: Enrich your university experience with an opportunity to enhance cross-cultural sensitivity, engage in an international experience while doing so in the comfort of your own home, and dive deeper into topics around Indigenous people around the world.
This initiative is a collaborative project between KPU’s Indigenous Services for Students and KPU International.
Time: 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
How to attend the information session:
- Duration: 4 weeks, 2 sessions a week, 1 hour sessions
- Time: Tuesdays & Thursday, 6-7:30pm (Vancouver Time)
- Credit value: Not for credit
- Mode: Virtual, with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous engagement.
- Student Capacity: 10 students (5 KPU and 5 ECU)
- Fee: This virtual experience is free for Indigenous* students studying at KPU and ECU.
- Download the GILE Brochure.pdf
- Specialist lectures from Indigenous scholars
- Virtual tours
- Peer-to-peer engagement
- Indigenous language workshops modules
- Indigenous student
- Recommendation from Indigenous Services for Students, 1 KPU faculty, or community reference
- Commitment to the program + alignment with personal goals
- Participate in surveys by the funder (Global Affairs Canada)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
The ECU component is delivered by Kurongkurl Katitjin, Centre for Indigenous Australian Education Research. The KPU component is delivered by the Indigenous Services for Students.