Course Reserves for Faculty
***Now accepting Reserve request submissions for the Fall 2021 Semester.***
Information on this page may be out of date due to the COVID crisis. For current information, go to https://libguides.kpu.ca/COVID19response/borrowing.
You can also make material available to your students through our Link.Scan.Open Service
Finding Course Reserves
Place Items on Course Reserve
During Peak periods, it may take 2 weeks for materials to be added to the course reserve collection.
Submit a Course Reserve Request Form. Bring your materials to the library Service Counter and tell staff they are for placement on reserve.
Textbooks issued with restrictions such as instructor Edition or Instructor Review Copy cannot be placed on reserve. The work was provided free of charge solely for evaluation or pedagogical reasons. For more information, see Copyright & You.
Link to Full Text Articles
You can permanently link to specific articles in the library's research databases from your course web page and from the Library's Course Reserve Collection.
Let the Library do it for you!
We'll provide the link for you and ensure the link is kept current. The online article will be listed with your other reserves through Course Reserves OR we'll email you a link to include on your own site.
- Submit a Course Reserve Request Form with the article citation.
- Let use know if you want the article in our Course Reserves collection or your website or both.
Manage the Link Yourself
You can create own links to the articles in our research databases. The process for doing this varies between databases. How to create a link for various databases is in Moodle & Library Resources.
Link to Scanned Material
Material can be scanned and made available from the Library's Course Reserve Collection.
The material must be copyright free or copyright cleared. For example:
- You are the author/creator including class & lecture notes, sample tests, etc.
- Copyright permission has been obtained from the author/creator.
How to Submit
- Submit a Course Reserve Request Form with the scanned item.
- We can do the scanning if you prefer!
- Let us know if you want the article in our Course Reserves collection or your website or both.